Smoked Mini Meat Loaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QSis

Washing Up
This recipe first appeared on the BBQ Forum, posted by my friend, Dylan (user name, Q.N.E. tyme)

It disappeared from that forum's archives, so I just re-posted it there, and is such a great recipe, thought I'd share it here as well.

Lee
Posted by Q.N.E. tyme

March 5, 2002 at 10:43:17

I made these things the other day and I know it's just meatloaf, but they were so good. I mean excellent, so I thought I'd post in case you might want to try.

1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar (shredded)
1 large egg
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon instant beef boullion
1 teaspoon salt
7 slices thin cut bacon (4 to top the loaves and three you dice up and add to the mixture)

Just mix it all up and form into 4 mini loaves. Take four slices of bacon and cut them in half and criss cross them over each loaf.

I put them in the pit at about 300 degrees and cooked them for an hour and 10 minutes (I just took one out and checked it and they were done). I brushed them with sauce, not too heavy, after the first 35 minutes, and then twice more at 15 minute intervals.

I really liked them. They were really tasty and you could see tiny strands of cheddar in them still, with a hint of smoke, and the bacon .... ****!

Dylan

That sounds delicious. Especially, the bacon part!

I think I might be spending too much time on this forum, haha, and worse yet, I think I will gain about 20 lbs this month from trying all these different recipes.

Back
Top Bottom