BBQ Cook Off in Cape Coral Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Renee Attili

Head Chef
The company I work for, Grill It Yourself, Inc., is hosting a bbq cook off in Cape Coral Fla. On Sunday November 18th, 2007. We are located in Southwest Florida.
It is a Charity Cook Off benefiting the Soup Kitchen in this area. If you or a friend are in this area and are interested in entering the Cook-Off please feel free to contact me for more information. Closing date for entry is October 13th.
Grill it Yourself, Cape Coral Grilling, Cape Coral BBQ Grills, Cape Coral Grilling Events for complete entry form
renee@grillityourself.com email address

Actually this makes me wonder if there are any DCers in the SW Florida area?:cool:
It would be nice to have a chance to put a face with a user name.:rolleyes:
The event itself was a whole buch of fun last year. :)

We have very dear friends that live in Cape Coral,Fla and my sister-in-law lives in Port Charolette-which I am told isn't too far away. We hope to be visiting both in February.Should I add you to the list Renee? ;) Love and energy, Vicki

Just an update: The Charity Cook Off was this past Sunday. It was a HUGE success!!!!!
16 teams cooked off for the "Q"-Master title.
We had over 1000 people (up from 550 last year) and raised over 20,000 items for the Soup Kitchen in our area. The food was amazing!

And believe it or not, you couldn't pay me to move north of Gainsville, Fl. LOL
This place is kind of............ diffferent though! But we do know how to BBQ!!!
There was some great flavors flying around here that day!

The nice thing about the Cape is it's pretty desolate, relatively speaking, and gated communities aren't common, so if you know where you're going you can get there pretty easily. I did a graphics project that was on the sides of the Classroom on Wheels at Mariner High School several years ago.

Bonita Springs was miserable, and Naples even worse. Between gated communities, the lack of north/south roads and the general crappy attitude of snowbirds as they clogged the roads during rush hours or acted as condo commandos, I had had enough within a year and the last 6 months was spent trying to get out of the state.

My fondest memory? Sunset at Doc's with my wife and a pitcher of Amber Bock. If I could take that and put it in Tennessee, I'd be in paradise. :mrgreen: I spent many evenings there and would again if I could.

Was it the heat and humidity, the traffic, economy or the general lack of niceness that got to you?:LOL::cool:

Yup, has to be one of those. No way it could have anything to do with the weekly grow house busts, monthly murders, bi-weekly armed bank robberies, more homeless folks than anywhere, and, oh yeah, for six months out of the year we're the lightning center of the earth.

Buzz LOL but it's all true.....

Yup, has to be one of those. No way it could have anything to do with the weekly grow house busts, monthly murders, bi-weekly armed bank robberies, more homeless folks than anywhere, and, oh yeah, for six months out of the year we're the lightning center of the earth.

Buzz LOL but it's all true.....

Yeah that too. But it can't be all that bad because you and I still choose here to live. :rolleyes:

Now If they do something about the insurance and Property taxes so I can stay:ermm:

We are working on getting a sanctioned KCBS or FBA contest in the Port Charlotte area for 2008. No time line yet, but it will not interfere with the Cape contest in November.

We are working on getting a sanctioned KCBS or FBA contest in the Port Charlotte area for 2008. No time line yet, but it will not interfere with the Cape contest in November.

It will NOT be in Pt. Charlotte this year, BUT it will be in Ft. Myers :)

September 19-20, 2008 Caloosahatchee River Roast and BBQ Festival Ft. Myers, FL (FBA-'NO' garnish :cool: )
Artie McIntyre - 11831 Bayshore Road - Ft. Myers, FL 33917
(239)-543-8368 or (239)-340-8244 or artiem@leeciviccenter.com

The only times I was in Florida is to vacation, even though I never lived there or got into cooking at that time. From what I remember it was too hot to cook over a stove or grill, not that I'm putting down the lifestyle in Florida.
---------------------------------------------------------

May the sauce be with you

The only times I was in Florida is to vacation, even though I never lived there or got into cooking at that time. From what I remember it was too hot to cook over a stove or grill, not that I'm putting down the lifestyle in Florida.

Summer in Florida is the residents' little secret. The humidity is good for the skin, drastically reduced traffic, no waiting for restaurant tables, the beaches are OURS, fishing is great, any golf tee time you want. When we get tired of taking two showers a day we head up North and leach off friends and relatives for awhile. :rolleyes: Life is good.

Buzz

Attachments

• DSCN3364.jpg
    DSCN3364.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 100_0456.jpg
    100_0456.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 288
  • 100_0459.jpg
    100_0459.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 262
  • BuzzCastnetting02.jpg