Sylvia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I WOULD LOVE TO MEET FRIENDS.

• COOKING=RECIPES-ETC.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • ANIMALS=ETC.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • ANYTHING TO CHAT ABOUT.

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

SYLVIA

Assistant Cook
HI THERE. I HAVE JUST REGISTERED AND WOULD LIKE TO SAY HI, TO EVERYONE. I AM 57YR MARRIED AND OUR SON LIVES HOME WITH US.
WE ALSO HAVE A GRANDSON OF 16YR WHO HAS LIVED WITH US SINCE 2 WEEKS OLD. SO HE IS MORE OF A SON. WE LIVE IN A SMALL VILLAGE IN WALES BY THE COAST. WE USED TO HAVE A SMALLHOLDING. BUT MY
HUSBAND FELL ILL ABOUT 5 YRS AGO. SO WE HAD TO SELL UP. I MISS
THE FARM EVERY DAY.AS IT IS A GREAT LIFE. WE LIVED REMOTE ON A
WELSH MOUNTAIN. BOUGHT IT RUN DOWN ABOUT 13YRS AGO, AND THEN BUILT IT UP. BECAUSE WE WERE SO REMOTE WE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO SELL. THEN BOUGHT THIS HOUSE NEAR TO OUR DAUGHTER AND
FAMILY. WE ALL LOVE ANIMALS AND I LOVE COOKING. MY HUSBAND BREEDS PARROTS. THEN WHEN WE SOLD THE FARM, I MISSED MY CHICKENS AND OUR FRESH EGGS. SO BOUGHT A SECOND HAND INCUBATOR AND FERTILE EGGS FROM EBAY. AND BRED 14 CHICKENS.
I BRED 4 COCKRELS BUT HAD TO FIND GOOD HOMES, OWEING TO THE NEIGHBOURS. BUT I KEPT MY BUFF=ORPINGTON COCKREL AND ONE HEN. I KEEP THEM SEPERATE. AS, ALL MY OTHERS ARE HENS FOR OUR
OWN USE. WE ALSO HAVE 3 DOGS DYLAN IS A 6YR OLD ENGLISH. AND
IS A BRILLIANT GUARD DOG. WHICH IS UNUSUAL FOR HIS BREED. BUT
WE HAD HIM ON THE FARM. SO HE THINKS HE HAS TO GUARD THE PARROTS CHICKENS AND 2 RABBITS WE HAVE.THEN WE HAVE 2 BISHON=FRISE 5 MONTHS OLD. (TIA + MARIA.) LOL. A BLACK CAT SOOTY. 2 BUDGES A COCKATIEL AND A ONE LEGGED PARROT WHO I CALL HOPPY. LOL.SO I GUESS WHOEVER READS THIS CAN TELL WE LOVE ANIMALS.LOL I REALLY LOVE COOKING AND WOULD LIKE TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH ANYONE THE SAME OR LOVES ANIMALS. I DO NOT GET
OUT MUCH. OWEING TO MY HUSBANDS ILLNESS PLUS OUR SONS. SO
IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO CHAT I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL. AS
I ALSO LOVE CHATTING ABOUT ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY RECIPES ANIMALS ECT. SO THANKS IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO READ ABOUT ME. SYLVIA...................:chef:

Hi Sylvia- I love animals and cooking also. We have 9 dogs, 7 cats, 4 aquariums and a guinea pig. I live out in the country west of Nashville, Tennessee. Sorry your husband is ill, it sounds like you have alot to keep you busy without going out much. This is a fun forum with lots of people who are great cooks and animal people, and you'll always have people to chat with.

Same Hobbies=lol

Hi Sylvia- I love animals and cooking also. We have 9 dogs, 7 cats, 4 aquariums and a guinea pig. I live out in the country west of Nashville, Tennessee. Sorry your husband is ill, it sounds like you have alot to keep you busy without going out much. This is a fun forum with lots of people who are great cooks and animal people, and you'll always have people to chat with.

HI THERE. THANKS FOR REPLY. I THOUGHT WE LOVED ANIMALS.LOL
YOU ALSO HAVE YOUR HANDSFULL. BUT ALL ANIMALS ARE WORTH IT.
THEY ARE SO LOVING AND COMICAL.PLUS NEVER ASK FOR MONEY LIKE THE KIDS.LOL WHEN YOU HAVE TIME I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW YOUR BREEDS ECT. MY HUSBAND HAS A MARINE TANK ALWAYS KEPT ONE. WAIT UNTIL HE KNOWS YOU HAVE 4 LOL. AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR WELCOME AS THERE ARE LOADS OF CHAT AND FORUMS. BUT NOT
LIKE THIS I FOUND IT WITH SEARCH ENGINE.PLUS I HAVE NO FRIENDS.
WELL I HAVE ONE TRUE ONE.BUT SHE LIVES IN THE VLLAGE WERE WE HAD OUR FARM. WE KEEP IN TOUCH BUT SHE GOES IN DIFFRENT CHAT ROOM.AND I CAN VISIT ANYTIME BUT IT SOUNDS STUPID BUT I STILL MISS THE FARM.SHE HAS COME HERE BUT I CANNOT VISIT HER.GUESS
IT SOUNDS STUPID.BUT YOU LIVE IN THE COUNTRY YOURSELF. SO YOU
KNOW WHAT I MEAN. IT IS A DIFFRENT WAY OF LIFE. REALLY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR WARM WELCOME. SYLVIA.

Hi. I Like Parrots And Chickens Too. Do You Have Any Leftover?[/quo

HI THERE, THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. SO HOW MANY WOULD YOU LIKE.LOL P.S. PLUS I WILL THROW SOME FRESH EGGS IN TOO.LOL
THANKS SYLVIA.:)

Lol

Don't like eggs.....I can't open them.

Hi there. First accept my apoligises as i only just joined, and never realised not to use large caps.This is a lovely site really friendy.Plus i am still laughing at your reply.Nice to know you have a sense of humour. i wonder what your next reply will be.lol
Thanks Sylvia.:LOL:

Hi, SYLVIA. Welcome to DC. This is a very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful site. We all enjoy quite a variety of interests, especially anything related to cooking and food. There are also many, many animal lovers here.

Buck and I have a houseful of kitty cats and about 8 outside ones, too. We even have a "shop" cat at our business. Gotta love our furry babies.

Sit down and enjoy yourself. We're glad you've found us.

Hi Sylvia,
recently lost my little black and tan Doxie and feel all alone when the grand kids are not here..such fun I'm having with the kids playing with them and cooking for them. I love cooking, painting baby cloths, gardening and just holding the kids My favorite thing to do is to come here each day to visit with all my friends...So glad you've found us and look forward to getting to know you.

kadesma:)

Thanks

Hi, SYLVIA. Welcome to DC. This is a very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful site. We all enjoy quite a variety of interests, especially anything related to cooking and food. There are also many, many animal lovers here.

Buck and I have a houseful of kitty cats and about 8 outside ones, too. We even have a "shop" cat at our business. Gotta love our furry babies.

Sit down and enjoy yourself. We're glad you've found us.

Hi Both. Just to say thanks for all your lovely welcome messages. I cannot believe that at last i have found a page that are sincere.Well you love your cats i see.lolWe have a black cat sooty who got hit by a car when we moved here.She was not use to the roads.We also had her mate sweep.Until some idiot hit and run him.And he was found dead a few doors away.Then sooty got hit and only in the face.I thought she was a goner.We only just moved here plus kept the cats in for weeks.But the vet saved sooty she now has a wire in her jaw.It cost us £480.00 wooooo. But we love our animals and we
did not care.As she survived.Sooty is a star as our grandson has d.j decks and she scratches them when he says.lol I would love to know all your cats names colours ect.When you have time.I have asked something now lol.
I bet the cat in your shop is spoilt rotten too.With your customers.So when
you find time i would really love to know.Also i am glad i found all of you too.
Thanks to everyone Sylvia.;)

Thanks For Your Welcome.

Hi Sylvia,
recently lost my little black and tan Doxie and feel all alone when the grand kids are not here..such fun I'm having with the kids playing with them and cooking for them. I love cooking, painting baby cloths, gardening and just holding the kids My favorite thing to do is to come here each day to visit with all my friends...So glad you've found us and look forward to getting to know you.

kadesma:)

Hi There.Kadesma.I am so very sorry to hear you lost your Doxie.As they are so much company.I know this may sound silly.But we had 2 yorkshire terriers
who died of old age with growths.Last year.We lost them within months of each other.Well we vowed no more.As we had our Dylan an old english which is huge.Then 5 months ago i went over our local shop.And saw an add puppies for sale. Well it made me think of Sandy + Jenny.When i came in i
told my husband and he said shall we ring for one.As Dylan is more outside.
He comes in but not like the little ones.Well we rang went up and they were 4 weeks old. They were Bishone =Frises awwww that was it. So we had to have a girl as maybe Dylan would not accept when it was older.Well Kadsema
one was all coochy sleeping on my husbands lap.But this other pup came running up to me all the time.Really cheeky.Have you guessed yet.Yes we
bought the 2 of them.They had no papers but we never wanted them to breed.And the couple did put the price down as we had 2.They are now 5 months old.And its like haveing 2 toddlers.lol They honestly turned our life around.So maybe you also should have another.I know it will never be Doxie.
But it will take your heart break away.Plus you will be giving a lovely loving home to another little kitten.Maybe i should not say this to you.But i am
only trying to stop you hurting about Doxie.You should think about it.As you
sound a lovely person to love another.The cruelty of animals in this country is degrading.Plus you would have to think of a name ect.Plus your grandchildren would be so happy.To see you happy again.I hope you think about it. As we were heart broken.But the pups have brought us happiness again.Also you can bake a lovely steak pie as well.lol Please have a think.
I also love gardening ect.And thank you for welcoming me i will not forget how all of you have been so kind. i am off to bed now so goodnight to everyone who is on.And i will be on tommorrow.
Take Care Sylvia.

Thanks so much.

Welcome to DC Miss Sylvia!

Enjoy & Have Fun!!!

Hi There.Thanks so very much for your welcome. I really cannot believe what a lovely set of people you are.You are like one huge family.I am so glad i found you all. As for enjoying and having fun.Well everyone has already done that tonight for me.So thanks i am off to bed now.But will be definatley be
on tommorrow.Thank and take care Sylvia.

Welcome Sylvia.. I love your ""Queens English "" It is refreshing to hear my mother language. All of my relitives came from the UK in the early 1800. I was raised on a small farm in the state of Iowa, and I dearly love animals, I used to own a restaurant and I had 40 outside barn cats to feed and two familys of possums one family of racoons
and a orchard full of apple trees that a small herd of deer would come down and eat
and one ground hog. I fed them table scraps from my restaurant and I had ten house cats all kinds???? Glad you are with us. how much is a pound sterlig worth in US dollars??

english

Welcome to DC Sylvia, you have chose a great forum - friendly, helpful and informative. Nice to have you with us - enjoy !
Barb

Thanks

Welcome to DC. You still love the farm; I can feel the nostalgic touch in your writing.

Hi There thanks so much for another warm welcome. How can you tell that i still mss my farm.Does it really show in mywriting.lol Or you are definatley telepathic.Because you have it in one. Yes although we have a nice home the farm was home.I believe i do not have to explain it. And the hard part is my family loves where we live now.So on times i have to put on a smiley face.Like this :LOL: but really inside my face is like this :( lol. I am so glad i found you all as you have all made me feel so much better. Especially when i can do this.lol As it has taken my thoughts away.But how did you tell. Would
really love to know.lol I think deep down i do know. You are all like one great happy familly in which is brilliant.thanks for letting me in.
Take Care Sylvia.:rolleyes:

Thanks

Welcome Sylvia.. I love your ""Queens English "" It is refreshing to hear my mother language. All of my relitives came from the UK in the early 1800. I was raised on a small farm in the state of Iowa, and I dearly love animals, I used to own a restaurant and I had 40 outside barn cats to feed and two familys of possums one family of racoons
and a orchard full of apple trees that a small herd of deer would come down and eat
and one ground hog. I fed them table scraps from my restaurant and I had ten house cats all kinds???? Glad you are with us. how much is a pound sterlig worth in US dollars??

english

Hi There.Dave.Thanks so much for this it is so nice of you all.This is why i love all of you s you all love cooking and animals.Well i still miss my farm, but
i believe Dave none of us knows whats around the corner.As i really believed we would never move from the farm.Then my husband went ill.And because we were remote we sold up.And do i admire you with an orchard of apples.
Oh i would have loved to have seen the deer and ground dog.As for your 40 cats wow i bet you bought a restaurant for all the animals i would.lol Funny
thing there is a Cafe for sale across the road.With its own bakery for bread, ect. I would love to win the lottery as i love cooking.But Dave i cannot win an argument with my hubby anymore.wahhhhhhhh Things are bad.lol You
must have had a great life being brought up on a farm, as well.Ours was a smallholding with 30 acres.We bought it run down.On top of a welsh mountain.The cotage had no toilets or windows.So my husband bought a static caravan for us to live in.But he never thought of the track, not being wide enough.So the static rolled down the front field.He was white but i laughed my head off.So went into the village about 20 miles away.lol Told you it was remote.Bought some thick polythene and porto toilets. The cottage had a rayburn for hot water and cooking.Plus we had a log burner over the other side.And moved in the cottage.And for nearly 3 yrs we lived like it.I can honestly say i never stopped laughing.Then we widened the track and built the cottage up.I feel so sorry for the farmers with this BSC again.
As we had 30 cattle and decided to sell them.So we were lucky.As i would have cracked up, knowing they would have been burned.Oh we did take a
few to the Abitour for our own beef.And our pigs.That is what farming is about.I also use to breed horses.We had 14 and that was the hard part.
I left my chickens ducks geese.As we had neighbours here.But i missed my chickens especially fresh eggs for baking.So bought a second hand incubator and bred 12 hens.So we have fresh eggs now.MMMMMMM LOL.Sorry i wrote all this Dave but it has done me good.As like you you know what it is like.
Well thanks for being so kind.
Take Care Sylvia.:chef:

Forgot.

english

Hi Again.I forgot to tell you.That our english pound Dave is worth about 70
pence or maybe 60.So your dollars are more.:)

Back
Top Bottom