Howdy from Fort Worth, Texas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsAnya

Cook
Hihi :) I found this forum when I did a google search for cooking forums. I'm 36 yrs old and live with my husband, RLD and my kitty, Ambit. I still consider myself a fledgling cook because I stick pretty close to recipes still. Everything I've learned about cooking I've done by trial and error with different recipes I've tried and surfing the net for questions I've had.

I love making cookies and cupcakes but dont want to make sweets all the time so I do try to cook other things as well. ;) RLD is my official taste tester for everything I cook. I remember when I first started trying to really cook instead of just mixing and heating things he said "I cooked with a lot of heart" when anyone asked if I was a good cook. That meant that I wasnt a very good cook but I sure did try hard. Since then I've been upgraded to a "good cook". One of these days I'd like to make it to "GREAT cook!" *LOL* RLD will eat anything but he's very picky about what he says is great.

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot from y'all and maybe even be able to offer some input of my own. :)

ETA: I almost forgot I have a food/cooking blog at Anya Cooks! if anyone wants to visit

Hi, MsAnya. Welcome to DC. Isn't it fun cooking by trial and error? Sometimes the recipes turn out great and other times you order pizza delivery.:LOL:

Stick around and meet all our wonderful members. We're glad you've found us.

MsAnya,

Welcome to DC! It's a fun place to hang out and see what's going on.

I'll have to check your website later. Thanks!

Howdy, neighbor!

Kick yer boots off, grab ya' a glass o' sweet tea (or crack open a cold Lone Star), put on some Willie or Reba, kick back and enjoy you're time here. You're among friends!

I was born here - raised in the Handley/Meadowbrook area, lived in the HEB area when I was young, married and procreating - been living the "fast life" in the Ridglea area for 13 years (I love Central Market).... and I'm in the process of moving to North Richland Hills (I'm really going to miss Central Market) - but I'll be closer to my Asian shops in Haltom City. Yep - that FtW in my name doesn't stand for Denver! :LOL:

Now - I should warn you about the rule we have about questions around here ... "The only dumb question is the one that is not asked". If you keep that in mind you don't have to be afraid of being embarrassed by any question you ask.

Hello Ms Anya I just checked out your blog your no armature you do quite well .
But welcome we are are great bunch of food folks and will help in any way we can

Katie E : heh. I almost ordered delivery pizza last night when I was fighting with pizza dough!

Green Lady : Thank you for the welcome!

Michael in FTW : Well hi there, neighbor! I actually live in North Richland Hills :) You'll be happy to know there is a new Central Market in Southlake. I *love* that store. Too bad my wallet doesnt love it as much as my tummy does.

Dave Hutchins : Aww thank you! I feel like an amatuer when I read some of the food blogs I frequent! *LOL*

You are kidding!

Hihi :) I found this forum when I did a google search for cooking forums. I'm 36 yrs old and live with my husband, RLD and my kitty, Ambit. I still consider myself a fledgling cook because I stick pretty close to recipes still. Everything I've learned about cooking I've done by trial and error with different recipes I've tried and surfing the net for questions I've had.

Welcome here! But you gotta be kidding - fledgling cook:huh:! I just looked at your site and if you are doing those things as a fledgling cook the rest of us are starving. What's your favorite dish? I also think Paua Dean is great, having grown up in North Carolina she brings back a few memories to me also! Enjoy

Hello to ya neighbor... north Fort Worth myself here... you will love it here!

Thank you, Green Lady! It's my 2nd attempt at a cooking/food blog. This attempt is going much better then the first attempt did. heh.

David Cottrell : I feel like a fledgling compared to most others. heh. I *have* to have a recipe or I'm completely lost. I'd like to eventually get to the point where I'm making my own recipes instead of always stealing others. :)

sattie : hihi neighbor :) thank you for the welcome!

Welcome here! But you gotta be kidding - fledgling cook:huh:! I just looked at your site and if you are doing those things as a fledgling cook the rest of us are starving. What's your favorite dish? I also think Paua Dean is great, having grown up in North Carolina she brings back a few memories to me also! Enjoy

Silly me, I forgot to answer your question. hmm. I dont know that I have a favorite dish. There are soooo many that I like. That's way too hard a decision to make. *chuckle*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom