New, and from Halfway Between Here and There

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lindochka

Assistant Cook
Hello all. After posting twice I thought I'd better introduce myself already.

I'm on the East Coast, living in the same city where I was born and raised. (Think cheesesteaks -- yes, you've got it...) After years of toiling in the vineyards of public health and human services, I lucked into very early retirement this past summer and am now making Major Life Changes.

I'm moving in a few months to a small town in Eastern Europe, about a twenty-minute drive from the village where one of my grandparents was born. I have a lot of family there as well as my future DH. (After three years of a long distance relationship we are finally going to be living in the same place!) I love to cook and future DH is a pleasure to cook for because he thinks everything I make is wonderful. :LOL:

I'm especially interested both in expanding my repertoire of Eastern European dishes and also in trying out anything new in the soup/stew/casserole department. I'll be in a place where they don't sell much in the way of boxes or bags of stuff to which you just add water or maybe a little milk -- convenience foods are rare there -- so old-time cooking-from-scratch is what I'm after.

I can't think of anything fascinating to add, so I guess that's it...

Hi Anya and thanks!

GF, is there a Mrs. GF and does she like a certain British teddy bear? If so, I suspect I've got one of your rib recipes already. ;) I may try adapting it to do shashliki if I can talk my grillmeister cousins into it.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking! I'm sure the foods available will soon dictate the style of cooking you will do most often. How exciting for you!!! You will have to fill us in on what is available to you once you get settled.....and we can enjoy through you!

Back
Top Bottom