Dinner October 9?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Whats everyones' plans for dinner tonight? I bought a lobster for myself, and since my husband does not like lobster, I will be making fish and chips for him.

I'm home with DH today following his surgery yesterday. I'm making tortellini with pesto sauce and a garden salad with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil, caprese-style.

Well, today I turn the big 3-6. I'm at work, and then drug rehab/treatment until 8:30 so I'll probably have another fried egg sandwich for supper..or maybe just birthday cake ALL DAY LONG!

DW is sick today, so I'm not sure. We had planned on hamburgers, but that may be changed to soup.

I made enough fish & chips for supper last night and three lunches this week, and I picked up a peach pie from Marie Callender's on the way home last night, so lunch tuesday, wednesday and thursday will be fish & chips with steamed carrots, and a slice of peach pie, while supper will be salad the rest of this week.

ETA: Normally I will reheat fish & chips in the toaster oven, but it's located in the conference room, and the conference room was in use at lunch time. There are certain things that should NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES be reheated in a microwave. Fish & chips is one of these things. YUCK!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh Caine!!! I want the Peach PIE!!!!

Tonight I made a lovely tofu scramble (tofu mashed up with tamari, tumeric, nutritional yeast, cayenne pepper) with asparagus & red pepper and served over sauteed kale. Yummy!

Oh Caine!!! I want the Peach PIE!!!!

All Marie Callenders pies are $5.99 each this month! Semi-annual pie sale. That's the same price as a Mrs. Smith's pie, I don't have to bake it, and Marie is honest about her pies, not misleading about them like Mrs. Smith is! 0 grams transfats indeed!

I had apple last week, peach this week, and next week will be cherry.

Last edited:
Since I'm still pretty weak, we picked up an already roasted chicken and will do some steamed zuchini and yellow squash, a nice green salald with tomato,onion, avocado, cucumbers and an asian tasting dressing, roasting a few baby yukons in evoo and adding whole garlic cloves toward the end..doing some corn in the skillet in some butter..Dessert is not to be..I just don't have what it takes right now..but I think we will all survive without dessert a week or two:LOL:
kadesma

Dessert is not to be..I just don't have what it takes right now

Didn't you see my post? Marie Callender's Semi-Annual Pie Sale! All pies, $5.99 plus tax(that would be $6.49 in most CA counties). The Marie Callenders I go to even has a special parking space, right next to the door, for the "PIE-TO-GO" buyers!

Since I'm still pretty weak, we picked up an already roasted chicken and will do some steamed zuchini and yellow squash, a nice green salald with tomato,onion, avocado, cucumbers and an asian tasting dressing, roasting a few baby yukons in evoo and adding whole garlic cloves toward the end..doing some corn in the skillet in some butter..Dessert is not to be..I just don't have what it takes right now..but I think we will all survive without dessert a week or two:LOL:
kadesma

Excuse you? Oh my gosh, girlfriend, I have been worried sick about you!!!! And here you are making dinner?!?! Dessert is not the only think not to be - you cooking should not to be! You should be recovering!!!!! I PMd you, check!

Okay, now that I am up off the floor, I have creamy potato soup in the crock pot, just cooked 2 lbs. of bacon to garnish, and have a loaf of french bread in the bread maker. BTW, Bakers Square pies are $5.99 this month too.

Kadesma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so glad to see you back. I hope you take it easy, sounds like you are back in the kitchen, when you may need to be on the couch;). Ditch the desserts, girlfriend:) and don't feel the least bit guilty.. Oh, I am so happy you are home, what a scare, huh?

Oh my dinner...top of the stove macaroni and cheese (whole wheat and spirals pastas with a goat milk and aged cheddar cheese sauce), and some fresh fall broccoli stirred in at the end, with a warm slice of NY Times bread.

Welcome back Kadesma!!!:)

I picked up a "Smart Chicken" and will stick it on the rotisserie. This time I'm going to use a combination Asian BBQ sauce that I will brush on towards the end consisting of:

low sodium soy sauce
grapefruit juice
Hoisin
ketchup
rice wine vinegar
cup light brown sugar
fresh red chilies, halved
garlic cloves, halved
piece of fresh ginger whacked to split open for flavor

Then an Asian-type pasta salad with mostly broccoli, carrots and spring onions.

First things first....WELCOME Kadesma!

Second, Katie E may I have the recipe to what you are serving? Sounds good.

Third, my dinner, well leftover stuff I had in the freezer. I am too busy prepping for tomorrow's family night dinner.

I picked up a "Smart Chicken" and will stick it on the rotisserie.

I dunno, but I would expect a "smart chicken" to be able to avoid being stuck on someone's rotisserie.
img_492678_0_25aa0e726503dc3d682306c97a566b5a.gif

My best friend called out of the blue today and needed to go to the emergency room. There is a McDonald's at WalMart, so while her prescriptions were being filled we had burgers and fries. Poor Christi could hardly eat hers (inner and outer ear infection) so she barely got the cheeseburger down. :( Sometimes we can plan our meals, and sometimes circumstances toss the plans out of the window. :-p

:) Barbara

Excuse you? Oh my gosh, girlfriend, I have been worried sick about you!!!! And here you are making dinner?!?! Dessert is not the only think not to be - you cooking should not to be! You should be recovering!!!!! I PMd you, check!

Okay, now that I am up off the floor, I have creamy potato soup in the crock pot, just cooked 2 lbs. of bacon to garnish, and have a loaf of french bread in the bread maker. BTW, Bakers Square pies are $5.99 this month too.
oh never mind the rest I wrote, I just saw this, guess I know what's for dinner and I get out of cooking,yeah!

after this "vacation"? is done, which won't be soon enough, I may be making for dinner something very liquid:ohmy: with a kick:huh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom