Pork & Noodles....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
Went to pull some stuff out of the chest freezer. It turns out I had accidentally unplugged it a couple of days ago. Not a lot to lose, luckily a pork loin was setting on top of some of those blue freeze things so it was still partially frozen.

Having it to cook it, I cut it into pieces and boiled it down to make some BBQ. On a whim, after it was done I took a piece and some of the broth put it in a pot and added egg noodles a little water, salt, pepper and thickening(flour and water).

Pretty tasty!!!

now---got get the stuff to cook the BBQ.......

An unplugged freezer can sometimes mean a block party! :LOL: I'm glad you found out in time! We came home from vacation once (a month-long one in July) to find our freezer (outside in the carport) had died. It was full and you would not believe the smell! The two turkeys looked like bloated bodies! We were never able to get rid of the smell and ended up having to get a new freezer.

:)Barbara

That's another good idea for me. Cos usually i cook mixed vegetable using my 'old stuff ' on my frezzer and refrigerator but if i have meat etc I also put them inall in a wok--> and I already get borred with that!!

But I wonder, is it ok if we boiled the meat first before bbqing them? I mean doesn't it affect for the taste?

I cut it into pieces and boiled it down to make some BBQ.

Jeff, the pork and noodles sounds so good that I'm going to make some, too!

However, I don't understand what you did first. You BOILED the pork??? To make BARBECUE??? How come? And what are you going to do to it now, to make it "BBQ"?

You lost me there.

Lee

Jeff, the pork and noodles sounds so good that I'm going to make some, too!

However, I don't understand what you did first. You BOILED the pork??? To make BARBECUE??? How come? And what are you going to do to it now, to make it "BBQ"?

You lost me there.

Lee

I should have been clearer. I boiled the pork down to make pulled pork BBQ.

I shread the boiled pork then make the the BBQ and bake it down in the oven for hours. It's quite good...

Jeff, this is also a new approach to me. But as someone who is really not set up for a long grilling, would love to try it. Beisdes it sounds like it would be great when it is very frosty.

After you boil the pork and pull it, what exactly do you add to it?

This may be a question almost everyone else here knows, but I am new to the idea.

Jeff, this is also a new approach to me. But as someone who is really not set up for a long grilling, would love to try it. Beisdes it sounds like it would be great when it is very frosty.

After you boil the pork and pull it, what exactly do you add to it?

This may be a question almost everyone else here knows, but I am new to the idea.

This "recipe" dates back to the early 1920's from a small store in a now defunct town. No specific amounts, kind of done by taste and look..

After the pork is boiled until it literally falls apart, remove ALL the fat, shread it out. I generally use 2 forks.

I generally have about 2.5-3 lbs of meat and place it all in a 9x13 cake pan.
Into that add enough of the broth so it is pretty well swimming in it. Add a large diced onion, white sugar, L&P Worcestershire sauce(at least 1 big bottle!!), vinegar, tomato juice, hot sauce if desired. Before you start baking, it should be as thin as soup. Upon tasting the broth should have a very strong Worcestershire bite to it along with a sweet/sour hit. There should be enough tomato juice in it so it looks kind of brown, but thin. You need to be able to taste the tomato too.. Sometimes I add diced tomatoes...

once again--it needs to have very strong flavor before baking. It will mellow a lot as it bakes. Don't be afraid of the sugar, wor. sauce/vinegar mix.

Place in a 350 degree oven and bake. It will take 2 or 3 hours to bake down. If after 2 hours it isn't getting there, up the temp to 400.

The secret to the sandwich is the slaw that goes ON THE SANDWICH.
Take your slaw cabbage, miracle whip(or Mayo) a little sugar and Tumeric.
Mix it up with enough tumeric so it has a definite yellow cast to it. Serve the BBQ with the slaw on it---yummy....

Thanks Jeff, never heard of that recipe. Gotta try that. Sounds like it might be a lot of fun, particularly in the winter. Maybe for the Superbowl - yeah.

Thanks again.

Pull Pork

This "recipe" dates back to the early 1920's from a small store in a now defunct town. No specific amounts, kind of done by taste and look..

After the pork is boiled until it literally falls apart, remove ALL the fat, shread it out. I generally use 2 forks.

I generally have about 2.5-3 lbs of meat and place it all in a 9x13 cake pan.
Into that add enough of the broth so it is pretty well swimming in it. Add a large diced onion, white sugar, L&P Worcestershire sauce(at least 1 big bottle!!), vinegar, tomato juice, hot sauce if desired. Before you start baking, it should be as thin as soup. Upon tasting the broth should have a very strong Worcestershire bite to it along with a sweet/sour hit. There should be enough tomato juice in it so it looks kind of brown, but thin. You need to be able to taste the tomato too.. Sometimes I add diced tomatoes...

once again--it needs to have very strong flavor before baking. It will mellow a lot as it bakes. Don't be afraid of the sugar, wor. sauce/vinegar mix.

Place in a 350 degree oven and bake. It will take 2 or 3 hours to bake down. If after 2 hours it isn't getting there, up the temp to 400.

The secret to the sandwich is the slaw that goes ON THE SANDWICH.
Take your slaw cabbage, miracle whip(or Mayo) a little sugar and Tumeric.
Mix it up with enough tumeric so it has a definite yellow cast to it. Serve the BBQ with the slaw on it---yummy....

Jeff,
I'm sure your BBQ is delicious.
I was raised in SW Virginia and am very familiar with BBQ.

I do a pulled pork BBQ now. I have found "Bulls Eye" BBQ sauce does a good job for me. With all the sauces on the market there should be one there to satisfy anyones taste.
Charlie

Jeff,
I'm sure your BBQ is delicious.
I was raised in SW Virginia and am very familiar with BBQ.

I do a pulled pork BBQ now. I have found "Bulls Eye" BBQ sauce does a good job for me. With all the sauces on the market there should be one there to satisfy anyones taste.
Charlie

Occasionally I will do a bottled BBQ. It isn't as good, but will work in a pinch.
Sweet Baby Ray's is pretty tasty... Especially after spicing it up a bit..

Back
Top Bottom