Fruit with chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried my tarragon and white wine chicken idea, and while fine, it didn't really have anything special.

Now I'm thinking about chicken in a slow cooker, potentially with dark cherries or oranges or something else. Any ideas or suggestions?

I tried my tarragon and white wine chicken idea, and while fine, it didn't really have anything special.

Now I'm thinking about chicken in a slow cooker, potentially with dark cherries or oranges or something else. Any ideas or suggestions?

Chicken and apricots with almond rice. A strawberry salsa is another idea.

I like this dish that uses orange marmalade and BBQ sauce. If you want to cut back on the sweetness of the dish, pick a less sweet BBQ sauce, and also and 1 – 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar.

6-8 Skinless chicken thighs
1/3 cup honey/mesquite BBQ sauce
1/3 cup orange marmalade
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp grated ginger
3 Tbsp flour

Dust chicken thighs in flour and place them in the crock-pot. Stir the remaining ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cook 6-8 hours on low or until the internal temp of the largest thigh is 165 degrees. Some of the newer crock-pots (slow cookers) cook faster than the older ones so you may want to check the temp after 4 hours on low. I would cook this on high.

Garnish the chicken with orange zest or orange slices if desire. Good sides are snow peas and vegetable Mai Fun or rice.

Last edited:
Pineapple, oranges, lemon and lime, i recently tried grilled chicken and I reduced some pineapple juice with pineapple slices, onions, green peppers, lime and ginger to make a sweet fruitier sweet and sour sauce, the lime really added to the flavor nicely, i only used 2 lime slices though, any more may have been too much.

Chicken cooked with lychees, pineapple and tomatoes is tasty. Think from memory I also added soy sauce, ginger, garlic, maybe some Worcestershire sauce and some parsley and chives. I just messed around with the seasonings until I hit the right combo. Stirfried with rice.

Chicken cooked with mangoes is big over here. There is a lychees website that has a recipe for chicken with kiwifruit and lychees also from memory. Not sure if you get kiwifruit over there though.

Back
Top Bottom