Smokers, Raise your glass!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And being the non-smoker I am I saw this and immediately thought it was about "smokers" - you know - as in the thing you smoke a hunk of meat in? I already raised my glass before I knew it was something else - so :-p:LOL:

And being the non-smoker I am I saw this and immediately thought it was about "smokers" - you know - as in the thing you smoke a hunk of meat in? I already raised my glass before I knew it was something else - so :-p:LOL:
Glad to be of help, Elf! I'm always looking for an excuse to raise my glass. One of my best friends is Russian and we all love to hang out with him because raising your glass to his dead comrades one at a time is mandatory! :)

let's see...mom drank a few each day, and smoked like a chimney until her last 6 years when other medical considerations made her stop. She died of lung cancer at age 84. So I can surmise that: 1) the drinking got her to that fine old age 2) don't quit smoking once you start because that's when the cancer sets in ...(mom, Peter Jennings etc), 3) if she drank as much as she smoked she'd be alive today, ummm

any other silly things I can come up with on this one, I'll let ya know

OK, it should be said that of course, no one should smoke. Ever. But I thought the article was interesting for those who already smoke and haven't been able to quit.

Robo, I know you were joking but there is actually some sad truth in what you said. Alcoholics who have sclerotic livers tend to develop liver cancers when they quit drinking. The current belief is that when you stop abusing a liver that you have already damaged, it tried to repair itself. Unfortunately, the damaged cells cannot work as well and often mutate into malignant cells. I've also heard that there is research to study whether or not the same is true for lung tissue. So obviously the answer is to never smoke!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom