Culinary School

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oppose

Cook
hiyas everyone. just wondering how much culinary school is and how long it takes? im currently in college in NYC and ive got some way before becoming a lawyer so i figure working as a cook in the meantime would be nice for so many reasons. if this is supposed to be in a different forum sorry!

Price depends on school and probably on the area you are in.You'd hav.e to check. Ususally the program is 18 month

ah 2 years, hopefully i could find a school that offered night courses but how does culinary school go, do they teach all types of food or do you go for french cuisine school or is that a further specialization down the road?

i have a virus on my computer so i dont trust anything i search for on google.

oppose said:
i have a virus on my computer so i dont trust anything i search for on google.

Huh?

Let's see - you're computer has a virus - which you haven't removed - but you don't worry about passing it on by posting here - but, you're afraid you can't trust any Google search results????

Culinary school is the beginning of a career ... not OJT for a work-your-way-thru college program. It takes dedication to work in a kitchen ... long hours, hot, sweaty, work your butt down to the bone. If you don't want to dedicate your life to it, because it is your passion - save yourself the money and just get a job at McDonalds.

Now - that may sound sarcastic - but it really is not, I was just trying to be honest. We have several "professionals" on here .... maybe they will see this and give you their thoughts.

Last edited:
Dave Hutchins said:
I like the school of hard knocks you learn faster.

LOL ... try a week working for Gordon Ramsey ... and give him a skillet to "punctuate" his critique of your performance ... :chef:

Back
Top Bottom