Hector's Exorcism Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spryte

Senior Cook
Hector's Exorcism Sauce

Hector's Exorcism Sauce for Chicken Wings
1 C Frank's Red Hot Pepper Sauce
18 habanero peppers, chopped fine
6 chipotle peppers, chopped fine
3 Tbls garlic, minced
1/2 C butter
1/4 C honey
1 Tbls dry mustard
1 Tbls cumin
1 Tbls chili powder
1 heaping Tbls tomato paste
salt to taste

Combine all ingredients in sauce pan and simmer on low for 20 minutes. Pour over fried chicken wings. I just season split chicken wings with seasoned salt and pepper and deep fry in oil heated to 350 degrees until golden brown. Drain wings on paper towels, transfer to serving plate and cover with sauce. Serve with raw celery & carrots sticks with ranch or bleu cheese dressing.

WARNING!! When working with habaneros, be sure to wash hands thoroughly and/or wear rubber gloves before touching eyes or any sensitive body parts!! Also beware of VERY STRONG fumes from saucepan. They will burn your eyes & lungs!

This sauce is EXTREMELY hot... but really tasty!!!!

Why yes MJ, it is! Actually I begged to have him add the chipotles because I LOVE the smoky flavor. We'll be making up a batch of this in just a bit. It a football food staple around here.

LOL!

Can remember one of my first experiences with freezing a pile of hot peppers...and not using gloves...

At the time, I spent a good deal of time "working with my hands" (bending wrenches), and so had a fine buildup of callusses, so it was not noticible, until I was struck by an urge from Aunt Jemima/Mother Nature....

To cut a story short, there ain't no callusses there!...And tearing my clothes off, and dancing through the shower spraying myself with soap, shampoo, hair conditioner, Clean + Clear or anything else did nothing to take away the burning...

Leaving the remainder to your several imaginations, I eventualy found that dairy products tend to allieviate the stress of ...well now I've forgotten that active ingredient in hot peppers...anyways, to spare you enduring the same sort of thing, sour cream works about the best, or ice cream...but sour cream is cheaper (you don't need a lot, but by God you need it!) and the family will decline to eat any of the "leftovers", for whatever reason, so you may as well pitch the two cup container of sour cream, vs 2 qts of ice cream....

Spryte's advice is well given...but I felt that an "antidote" should be named, in case you make this horrible mistake...

Aside from that, how do you eat something this hot, without getting sick? I couldn't, now, and it might even have been a challenge when I was a lot younger...?

Lifter

Yes!! Excellent point!! Sometimes when this is a bit too hot for me, I just dangle my tongue in a glass of milk! It's the enzymes in dairy that conteract, ummm.... the capsasen (sp??) in the peppers. a Shot of whipped cream right outta the can will do it too! hehehe

My friend will love this!!

This sauce sounds FANTASTIC! My best friend just LOVES hot sauce, and it ALWAYS complaning that she just can't find a sauce that's hot enough! Well...I think you've officially solved the problem lol. :chef: I can't wait to make this for her!

P.S. Do you actually know anybody who's been able to eat this?

Back
Top Bottom