All-Clad 20% sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babs

Assistant Cook
I came upon an AC 20% sale @ the Wrentham Outlets in Mass that ends today (Nov. 4th). I picked up 2 french skillets(9 in. & 11 in.) a 3 qt. saute pan w/ a lid, a 2 qt. & 4 qt. sauce pan w/ lids, & a 3 qt. saucier w/ a lid.(All of which are SS). My ? to you is, do I need the saucier pan, & the french skillets. I currently own 2 AC fry pans. My other pans other than Le Cre. are a set of Revere Ware(that were a gift) and 2-3 Cusienart pans.....1 of which is a saute pan also..........Got 30 days to consider my purchase! ;)

Oh boy I am in trouble. I am headed to the Wrentham Outlets in about 2 hours. Now I will know to stay away from the All Clad store so I don't spend money that I shouldn't ;)

Personally, and without any knowledge of the cookware you are talking about, if you have survived this long without them, and you aren't planning a change in your cooking patterns, then no you don't need them. Whether you want them tho is a vastly different point.

Do you feel that when you cook, you are missing something in the equipment line of which one of these purchases will fill that hole? Have you got a use for them or would you just be using them because they are there?

Do the items come with a sample recipe? If so, do you think you can cook the said same recipes with the cookware you previously had? A wok is used for stirfries but it doesn't mean that you have to have one if you own a frypan.

I have half a dozen frypans and something similar in saucepans, all of varying sizes etc. I also have a pasta pan with strainers and stuff, a Dutch oven and a wok. I have too much stuff. Every so often I fancy getting something else but in truth, I am unlikely to need it on more than the odd occasion, irrespective of what it is, so I won't buy it.

I think you need to be quite dedicated to your cause to need some things, and only you can determine whether you are on that path or not.

Having said all of the above, it's still fun to get all the bits and pieces, so if you want it and can afford it, why not keep it!

I am so sorry. How rude of me. I read your post and commented without even answering your question. Just goes to prove I should never post without drinking a cup of coffee first.

Thankfully Bilby gave you excellent advice.

Here is what I will add. Revere Ware not super super great quality stuff. All Clad is. Revere Ware will not last you a lifetime, but All Clad will. Do you NEED the All Clad? No you don't. Would it be nice to have? It sure would.

If you have the money to spend and it doesn't hurt your pocketbook to do it then I say go for it. You will love the AC stuff. If you are not in a position to spend that kind of $ though then return the AC stuff. You can cook just fine without it.

Now I want to go. It's only twenty minutes for me. Dh is going to watch the Patriots so maybe I should take a little field trip.

I love my All Çlad pans. Most of them I purchased with my American Express points.

We may see you there GB. We are going later this AM.

DARNIT!!! I just saw this now and can't get there today.

I haven't been there for about a year, but when did an All Clad store move in?

Or is this sale at Williams Sonoma?

Babs, only you can know whether you need these pieces or not. I bought a saucier years back on sale (it's commonly offered as a promo) and I like it. Those french skillets look nice too, but I have 2 8s, a 10 and a 12 and probably don't need a french skillet. Probably couldn't resist though.

Last edited:
It was at the WS store Jenny. I managed to walk away without purchasing anything at all.

all-clad sale

Thanks for all the input.. I meant to originally say, it was at Williams-Sonoma outlet store. I think I will keep the 2qt. & 4 qt. sauce pans & bring back the rest. I figured I'd get them @ a good price, & decide if I really needed them.>>>> Until my next shopping spreee..........Thanks!!:chef:

Here is what I will add. Revere Ware not super super great quality stuff. All Clad is. Revere Ware will not last you a lifetime, but All Clad will.

I will have to disagree with you on this point, GB. Buck and I have an extensive collection of Revere Ware. Most of the pieces are easily 40-years-
old and are looking and cooking as good as new. However, I must say that today's Revere Ware is definitely NOT of the same quality as that of our older pieces.

Don't misunderstand. We also have plenty of Calphalon and other top cookware, but there are some applications that only Revere Ware does the trick for us. Just my experience.

I hear what you are saying Katie. I do not think Revere Ware is poor quality by any means. I just think there is a large difference between RW and AC. AC is clad cookware. RW is not as far as I know. That is a major thing.

I have to say that buying basic cookware items that are cheap (and perhaps nasty in the view of some) are not always bad value. I have had several very cheap pieces that have already lasted over ten years and would appear to have a fair whack of life left in them. It is definitely true that I no longer attempt the dishes that may require the "fancier" (for want of a better term) cookware, and in those instances there may be a genuine need but I have found that a lot of these items are very much over-rated, esp for the average home cook.

I don't think I have spent more than A$20 on any one piece of cookware. A lot of the type of pans etc (and similar) mentioned here (although I have never heard of Revere Ware nor All Clad) would retail here for A$120 plus. Maybe your cookware is substantially cheaper than over here. Dunno.

And at least I know that if I wreck a pan, I can still pay the mortgage AND get a replacement!! LOL

OK I take back what I said. I just did a little bit of research and it looks like they do have clad cookware. I stand corrected.

IMO the best deals on All Clad are at Cookware and More's website.

You can get very good deals on cosmetic seconds -- the deals are even better then they run sales.

Sam's Club sells their brand Members Mark cookware at of fraction of the price of All Clad and I see no difference in them..I have had a set for over 3 years and still is like new. they also sell a set like Calphalon..I know the set like All Clad is made by Tramotina.which is a maker of a lot of restaurant supplies.
You can buy a whole set for like $150. Its very heavy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom