Dinner: Monday, November 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
making a pot of beef vegetable soup,with bone in short ribs, home made french bread and salad or fruit as desired...have a left over brownie slice for DH with ice cream..the rest will have peanut butter cokies and ice cream...
kadesma:)

Bought some sushi tonight - a mix of nigri sushi and a couple of normal ones. They always insist on putting in the horrible Californian roll cos it is cheap. I always save it for the end so if I get too full I haven't wasted my stomach on it. (No offense to Californians by the way. Just don't like that sushi.)

Ooh, it's gingerbread season! Thanks for the reminder, Katie--it's one of my favorite cold weather comfort foods!

Sofie and I are making homemade pizza tonight. She's really stepped up her desire to help in the kitchen so I try to prep as much as I can ahead so she can stay busy and involved while dinner's made. When (if!) she naps, I'll measure out everything for the crust and chop the spinach, broccoli, peppers and mushrooms. That way when she gets up she can help make the dough and this evening help to top it. It's a little more effort, but so much fun for both of us!:)

Grilled NY Strip steaks
Salad
Baked Potato
Green Beans

:chef:

I just hope I make it to dinner time.

John

A "leftover buffet" from my three days of catering this weekend:
assorted grilled sandwiches
Potato salad
Lasagne
meatloaf
potato skins reheated with cheese to make them taste different
Raw veggies and dip
There would be apple crisp for dessert but the group last night was 12 teenagers and 20 somethings who polished enough for 30!

Yesterday I made a lovely "Coq au Vin" ala Julia Child (from "The French Chef" cookbook, which is a compilation of her shows & recipes). The only change I made was to substitute a 1/3 pound of turkey bacon sauteed until crisp in extra-virgin olive oil for the pork lardons. It was, as usual (I've made this many times before), delicious.

Served with (& over) whole-wheat egg noodles & a wonderful green salad made from locally grown baby lettuces.

Enough leftovers for an encore tomorrow night.

breezy, did you actually use a rooster? i've always wanted to try a real coq au vin.

yesterday, i was so busy that the dinner dw made was my lunch. it was cornflake crusted baked chicken legs, cranberry sauce, corn, and home potatoes. the legs were perfect, and i'm addicted to those potatoes. they're boiled chunks of potatoes - the kind that would be used for mashed or fried for home fries, but you don't mash or fry them. you eat them as is, with butter and seasoned salt

then, i had a hankerin' for wendy's around 10, so i had a classic double with cheese - extra pickles and onions, fries, and a side salad with ranch. :pig:

and "questionable" :angel: haloween candy.

LOL - no, no rooster. And the recipe in "The French Chef" cookbook didn't ask for one. Luckily, just a large roasting-type chicken. But boy, did it turn out delicious. I could have drank the gravy as a beverage - all that good burgundy wine & cognac.

We'll be having the leftovers as an encore tomorrow or Thursday, accompanied by mashed potatoes (to help sop up that wonderful gravy) & perhaps some steamed fresh broccoli.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom