Pumpkin Soup Leftovers - Recommendation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flukx

Senior Cook
Hey everyone. I made a delicious pumpkin soup with sweet potatoes and coconut milk, among other ingredients, however we still have a little less than a liter of soup (not really enough to freeze, not much room in my small freezer). I am looking for possible uses for the remaining soup as I think both me and my girlfriend are a bit "souped out" after eating a bowl each for the past few days. One thought was to thicken it with more potatoes and use it as a pierogi/ravioli/cannelloni stuffing with some cream cheese. Other than this, I lack creative ideas. Any suggestions? Thanks!

img_504635_0_151055129e04d8ad8050ca66ccfcca85.jpg

Don't know how easy this would be but could you thicken it and make a cheesecake?

Or maybe a pumpkin pudding.

It might be a bit tricky, and am not a baker at all, but you might be able to use it as a base for some bread, or a cake.

Or a base as a curry dish.

Just a few thoughts. Enjoy.

That is too funny bowlingshirt!

What about using it as a sauce for pasta? Something with chicken? Maybe add some curry to it.

You could thicken it up a bit with cream cheese or mascarpone, add some sage & toasted walnuts or pine nuts - and use it as a pasta sauce over cheese ravioli etc.

All excellent ideas. I may actually use the opportunity to experiment with a few different things. If anything good comes out of this, will post. Thanks a bunch!

Ended up going with the curry option. Made a nice paste out of shallots, garlic, EVOO, ginger, fresh ground cumin, turmeric, cardamon, coriander, salt, pepper, flour, a dried chili pepper. Cooked the paste for a minute, added cubed chicken until cooked on outside. Removed, and cooked some cubed zucchini and sliced red peppers a few minutes. Added the leftover pumpkin soup, deglazed, readded chicken and simmered for half an hour. Added a dollop of butter and served with Basmati rice. Was very good. Recommended.

Also watching some pumpkin bread dough on its first rise in the kitchen ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions...I hate to waste good food.

Back
Top Bottom