What's the weekly menu for 11/11-11/17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Thought this thread would give us an idea on what weakly dinner possibilities we can all share. I plan to make some wonderful meals from my Cuisine at Home mag I received some time last year.
1. Parmesan crusted chicken with sage butter sauce and roasted potatoes
2. Gremolata Roast beef and mashed potatoes and gravy
3. Asian lime ribs with cucumbers and mint vinaigrette
4. Sesame tuna with ginger-soy vinaigrette and sauteed mustard greens
5. Sun-dried tomato crusted chicken with feta couscous and buttered asparagus
6. Japanese steak rolls with garlic lime rice

I wish you all could see these pics on the magazine. They are scrumptious. I'd be glad to share any recipes you're interested in.

What are your dinner plans for next week?

Last edited:
Gads! Dina, you are way more organized than I am. I can barely decide from day to day what we're having. The best I can do is say that next week we will be having:

ribs (pork)
chicken breast
hamburger
non meat (either pasta or potato based)
salmon
beef

Other than that, I'm done. I just try not to have the same meat two days in a row. LOL.

Gads! Dina, you are way more organized than I am. I can barely decide from day to day what we're having. The best I can do is say that next week we will be having:

ribs (pork)
chicken breast
hamburger
non meat (either pasta or potato based)
salmon
beef

Other than that, I'm done. I just try not to have the same meat two days in a row. LOL.
Just decided we needed some variation of flavors for dinner. That's all. It's amazing how these recipes sound fancy but they're really easy and inexpensive.

Thought this thread would give us an idea on what weakly dinner possibilities we can all share. I plan to make some wonderful meals from my Cuisine at Home mag I received some time last year.
1. Parmesan crusted chicken with sage butter sauce and roasted potatoes
2. Gremolata Roast beef and mashed potatoes and gravy
3. Asian lime ribs with cucumbers and mint vinaigrette
4. Sesame tuna with ginger-soy vinaigrette and sauteed mustard greens
5. Sun-dried tomato crusted chicken with feta couscous and buttered asparagus
6. Japanese steak rolls with garlic lime rice

I wish you all could see these pics on the magazine. They are scrumptious. I'd be glad to share any recipes you're interested in.

What are your dinner plans for next week?
Dina,
oh how I wished I were more organized..But I'm NOT:LOL: I've tried making a list, but find I cannot stick to it..I like the recipe ideas you've put up here and except for the salmon would try all of them...and would love any recipe you would care to send...Your idea of planning ahead is great.
For me it would be hard as I'm tied up 3 days a week so on those days I need easy and quick unless I do some of the prep the day before..
I'm more like Alix, have chicken, pork, beef, some tuna, ribs,pasta, beans and just usually go from there as the fancy strikes me.
Nice thread idea.
kades;)

I haven't planned it out too much but I do know a couple of things that we will be having next week since my family has requested them.
Masaman chicken curry
Taco salads - I just realized that I can make my own taco salad shells in my deep fryer.
Chicken Marsala

For years I've kept a calendar, with 2-inch squares for each day, on my kitchen wall with our menus noted. Usually 3 months of menus. This was borne of necessity when the children were home and we were feeding the "masses." I just kept doing it and it's been great to plan my grocery list.

So the coming week's entrees will be:

11-11 Roast beef cooked in foil
11-12 Not cooking. Buck will be out for his Lions Club meeting.
11-13 Macaroni and Cheese
11-14 Sweet and Sour Chicken
11-15 New England Clam Chowder
11-16 Savory Beef Short Rib
11-17 Baked Ham Slice with Red Cabbage

I always try to make sure we have a variety of beef, pork, poultry, meatless, etc. every week. I love this time of the year and can't wait to make black bean soup. Yum!

Dina,
oh how I wished I were more organized..But I'm NOT:LOL: I've tried making a list, but find I cannot stick to it..I like the recipe ideas you've put up here and except for the salmon would try all of them...and would love any recipe you would care to send...Your idea of planning ahead is great.
For me it would be hard as I'm tied up 3 days a week so on those days I need easy and quick unless I do some of the prep the day before..
I'm more like Alix, have chicken, pork, beef, some tuna, ribs,pasta, beans and just usually go from there as the fancy strikes me.
Nice thread idea.
kades;)

Kadesma,
Just tell me which recipes you'd like and I'd be glad to post.

I'll be having garlic s&p squid with a watermelon and citrus salad (thanks to Kitchenelf!) tonight all being well and scotch fillet with pak choy in oyster sauce with a potato in jacket tomorrow. I am out to lunch on Monday and Wednesday so will wait and see what gives for those days. Tuesday, the water is being cut off for "maintenance" so it might be sandwiches if the water is still running brown by dinner time. I picked up some tortellini this morning so that will probably happen sometime during the week. I also grabbed a couple of duck legs from the deli to have with salad but they have a long shelf-life so I might hang on to them. I don't really like to plan too far ahead but rather have a stack of ingredients available to take me to where I feel my tastebuds want to go.

This one is number 1 on my list: Parmesan crusted chicken with sage butter sauce and roasted potatoes with herbs and sauteed kale flavored with ham and garlic. This was truly some delicious chicken with parmesan, herbs and lemon flavors.

Last edited:
Yum, that parm chicken sounds good!
I've made something similar (I think). It was chicken or pork chops breaded in a panko/parm/sage mixture. Seared and then finished in the oven for 15 minutes. Very moist and tasty.

Don't know what we're having this week. I'll be making lasagna tomorrow. It'll have spicy sausage, mushrooms, spinach and fresh mozz in it. I'm looking forward to it but it's a lot of prep. Will be having leftovers for some of the week, that's for sure!

I keep a "Word" document on my computer entitled "Weekly List". At the top I list the dishes I plan to make for the week, followed by a grocery list with different headings: Dairy, Meat/Fish, Pasta/Rice, Paper Goods, Vegetables, etc., etc. It's easy as pie to update with additions & deletions, plus I have a ready-made list to print out & take to the store with me. I plan my meals for the week, BUT allow for total flexibility at the same time by 1) always being open to a change in plans if I come across some terrific-looking fish or produce at the market that I MUST have/use, & 2) always having some quicky backup meals on hand (turkey chili, easy pasta dishes like frozen ravioli or tortellini, etc.) in case something goes awry like husband being super late or one of us not feeling up to snuff, etc. While I do love being organized food-wise, if you get too regimented, it sort of takes some of the fun & ingenuity out of it.

I haven't completed this week's list yet, but so far I have these down, for which I already have the necessary ingredients: We'll be having the "Thai Chili Shrimp" tonight; the rest are for during the week, since they're quick & husband doesn't get home until fairly late.

Onion Soup Gratinee, salad
Turkey Tacos
Thai Chili Shrimp over Rice, salad
Chicken Parmegian Sub Sandwiches, salad

Not too regimented here either, just wanted to try these combinations I saw on one of my Cuisine at Home magazines Cooking Magazine — Cuisine at home and give my poultry and meats a variation in flavor.

Here's the recipe for the:
parmChicken.jpg

Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Sage Butter Sauce
Serves 4

Prepare:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves (slice them in half to make four pieces and pound to an even thickness)
For dipping mixture whisk:
1 egg
2 t cornstarch
juice of 1/2 lemon
For the crusting mixture combine:
1 c coarse dry bread
1 T chopped fresh parsley
1 t kosher salt
1/4 t ground black pepper
Zest of one lemon
1/2 c parmesan cheese, grated
Saute chicken in:
3 T olive oil

Sage-Butter Sauce
Saute in 1 T unsalted butter:
3 T shallot, minced
Add and reduce:
1/2 c dry white wine
1/2 c heavy cream
1/2 c chicken broth
1 t fresh lemon juice
Whisk in:
4 T cold unsalted butter, cubed
Finish with:
1-2 t minced fresh sage or 1/2 t dried sage
Salt, white pepper, and cayenne to taste

Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary
Heat:
1/4 c olive oil
4-5 cloves garlic, smashed
1 T chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 t dried rosemary
Cube:
2 lb. (washed and dried) Red skinned potatoes
Roast; Season with:
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Heat oil, garlic and rosemary on a large baking sheet on stovetop over medium-low heat (just to bring the garlic flavores out). Do not allow garlic to brown. Toss in the potato cubes and roast for 20 minutes.

Last edited:
I could never plan a head for a whole week.
I never know if Paul will be here for a real dinner or not until sometime in the afternoon or early evening. I just have to play it by ear everyday.

I have no idea what we are having this week, my preplanning consists of as soon as everyone gets home and says whats for dinner thats when i decide i never know whos going to be here. I've cooked to many full dinners and then ended up being the only one home. I do know that I won't be cooking tonight its my daughters soccer banquet so thats where we'll be

I have a friend who is somewhat like Dina and Kadesma and plans her meals very well. She laughs when she asks me "What's for dinner" and I tell her whatever falls out of the freezer when I open the door. Sometimes that is about right.

I have a friend who is somewhat like Dina and Kadesma and plans her meals very well. She laughs when she asks me "What's for dinner" and I tell her whatever falls out of the freezer when I open the door. Sometimes that is about right.
LOL Licia!

So far my dinner plans have worked out. I made the Asian ribs with lime sauce last night but by the time I wanted to take pictures, they were all gone. I also made a combination of red and russett mashed potatoes, fried rice to go with the Asian ribs and fresh green beans. Rice pudding was for dessert although it didn't go well with the meal.

Tonight we'll have the sun dried tomato chicken with couscous mixed with Italian cheeses and some buttered asparagus. For dessert I want to make a crustata (apple and apricot tart).

Back
Top Bottom