TNT-Orange and Pearl Onion-Rec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We've had these several times and my son-in-law has asked if I'd make some for Thanksgiving. Seems he has talked about them to his dad and now good ol dad would like to try them.:LOL: On that note, I thought I'd share the idea with those of you who like the tiny pearl onions...
You need about 2 lbs. of the onions, 1 orange, 2 tab. butter,1/4 c. honey, 1/4c. white wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Cook your onions , clean if needed then matchstick the orange peel and juice the orange.In a large skillet melt the butter on med. heat add the onions and cook about 30 min.or til lightly browned..Shake the skillet now and then to make sure the onions don't stick. Add the juice,zest,honey,vinegar and your salt and pepper, put heat on low and turn the onions often til they are tender..
Serve warm
These are great with turkey, pork tenderloin or as an appy with sliced salami.

kadesma;)

Last edited:
Wow those sound great. I think I will just have to give those a try!

Kadesma, you are such an imaginative cook. That sounds delicious, but I never would have thought of that combination.
Copied and saved. :)

Kadesma, you are such an imaginative cook. That sounds delicious, but I never would have thought of that combination.
Copied and saved. :)
Thanks Connie, but I can't take all the credit for this one..I use to make creamed onions for my dad at thanksgiving and a friend suggested we play around with some onions to see what we could come up with..Lemons,figs,dried cherries and cranberries, and then the orange..And here we are..:LOL:
Sure glad she didn't see the Dr. Pepper in the back of the fridg:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom