Dinner, Thurs. Nov. 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds wonderful BarbL.
Whole chicken just went into the crock pot with an entire large jar of Picante sauce.
It's using the high setting as the bird is frozen so it'll take all day to cook.
Buttered garlic noodles with salt/pepper/garlic/rosemary.
Mixed vegetables steamed.
Maybe some lefse if I get a boost of energy, served with the standard butter only.
DH will have the hokey pokey I made yesterday over double churned double cream vanilla ice cream, with these brownies I hope to get done too today.:neutral:

Bangers`n`mash, freshly made pork and sage sausages, mashed spuds and Loads of onion gravy :D

Lefse, what's hokey pokey??!?

DH is gone again tonight (4th night in a row) so I think the little one and I will treat ourselves to a pizza. I'm ready for a break :wacko:

i think it's made by putting a left hand in, then a right foot, then shaking it vigorously, pab. :rolleyes:

i prefer the version without shaken backsides.

:)

ok, so tonight ladies and germs, i have no idea what's for dinner. i have to be back in at midnight and may be working another double saturday, so it'll be whatever dw decides not to kill me with.

Last edited:
Barbequed prawns with garlic butter and peri peri sauce and portugese rice - every Thursday nite is date nite which means myself and DH take turns cooking something special and decadent. (and prawn prices here are decadent for if you're wondering where the decadent part in this menu comes in) I'm the cook tonight - I even lit the barbeque fire myself - now it must just keep on burning :)

tanyak, do you consider prawns to be larger or smaller shrimp? i'm guessing larger.
for instance, how much are they and what's the count, per unit measure?

i'm curious because the term prawn means different things in various countries.
and do you have a recipe for portugese rice? :chef:

tia.

Pre-bought whole deboned chicken in a parmesan and sun dried tomato marinade. I'm serving it with a whole bunch of roasted vegetables, zuchini, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, onion, and jerusalem artichokes. I'll probably throw in a couple of garlic cloves as well.

Sort of a leftover night, with turkey a la king from leftover two-days-after-Thanksgiving turkey and homemade turkey stock, over leftover rice.

Lefse, what's hokey pokey??!?
:wacko:
In this country, it's maybe better known as honeycomb.
Here's where I placed the recipe after I tried Nigella's.
It' from her Nigella Express show. Also, I doubled it so it would make more, and have now made 4 batches. Yesterdays was by far the best and they've all been perfect, and the best thing is, it couldn't be easier to make.
I topped mine off yesterday with chocolate carmel chips and shaved bittersweet that I dropped on faster than the Lone Ranger rides Silver:LOL: so they plopped onto the hokey pokey and sunk into the brown velvet molten volcano, disappeared and this stuff is pure heaven.
Today, I'm off to FE to ship out a box of it to a lady I met who's a caterer. She's sending me her pralines, I'm sending her my hokey pokey. Hope she likes it.:huh:

I cheated and bought a rotiserrie chicken as the supermarket. I'm serving it as is with yukon gold horseradish mashed potatoes and corn on the cobb.

Hi Buckeytom

What we call prawns here you call shrimp - we only call the smallest shrimp you get (eg which you will use for potted shrimp) - shrimp. The Portugese rice recipe is as follows:
Olive Oil
1 onion finely choppped
30ml fresh parsley
1 clove garlic , crushed
250ml rice
15ml tomato paste
salt & milled black pepper
375ml water

Heat olive oil & fry onion,add parsley,garlic,rice&tomato paste,season w/ salt&pepper, then add water.Cover&simmer for about 15 min until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.

I found I had to add more liquid to above recipe - added about 250ml white wine

T

Tonight we are going to have stuffed fillet of sole, sweet potatoes and spinach. Leftover chocolate cake for dessert.

um turkey breast (haven't tried this particular one b4, bf picked it out), some roast potatoes, salad and something else i figure out..
bf actually suggested dinner for tonight (omg shock horror), he wanted to try this turkey breast cos what we usually get at the shop wasn't there and i hadn't cooked it yet LOL
hmm this will be my dinner for today the 30th November lol

Back
Top Bottom