After a mistake making Hokey Pokey....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
....so, I put 1/2 stick of butter in a heavy sauce pan with 1/2 cup half and half cream and let it get very hot and steamy. the hokey pokey had all those flavors of chocolate chips on top of it, raspberry bittersweet, shaved bittersweet, milk chocolate with caramel and semi sweet chocolate with white chocolate swirls. broke it up and added to the butter/cream and stirred. let it simmer stirring with a wooden spoon for many minutes until I put it into a quart sized Ball jar, sealed it and put it in the frig. stroke of good fortune, this is a winner for on top of ice cream or over any cake or brownie.

wanted to share in case you ruin your hokey pokey too, it's salvageable or repurposed...

I wanna know too....I'm a little concerned about this.:ermm: Does this have it's roots in cannibalism???

"You put your left foot in, .....and shake it all about....
"You put your right arm in.....and shake it all about...

That's what it's all about....:ermm:

:LOL:

What is Hokey Pokey? I've never heard of it but the ingredients sound like something I should know about!
go here to this thread rather than retyping it, you can see the ingreds and the other comments about this stuff. it is scary good:LOL:
Now listen here, I didn't make up the name, Nigella made it, it's her fault!
I will have to get out my trusty dusty [not] camera and that thingie that hooks up to the computer so I can take some photos so you can all salivate:blink:
And thanks, my teeth and I thank you cause reading this, swear on a pigs foot, I just now popped a really big piece in my mouth, yum:wacko:

go here to this thread rather than retyping it, you can see the ingreds and the other comments about this stuff. it is scary good:LOL:
Now listen here, I didn't make up the name, Nigella made it, it's her fault!
I will have to get out my trusty dusty [not] camera and that thingie that hooks up to the computer so I can take some photos so you can all salivate:blink:
And thanks, my teeth and I thank you cause reading this, swear on a pigs foot, I just now popped a really big piece in my mouth, yum:wacko:
You are borderline evil there LEFSlover! Can't you figure out a way to cyber share?

You are borderline evil there LEFSlover! Can't you figure out a way to cyber share?
how bout if you just PM me your addy and I'll get you some like I've done to 4 others on here...................I am willing to share, I, after all, want all your teeth to fall out:ROFLMAO:

Okay, I'm about to try to post a pix, one of the sauce in the ball jar and the other of the hokey pokey in my Limogues Apple Blossom china. We'll see if I can do that and thanks to Constance for helping me out, but the proof's in the pudding and so far, there's no pudding yet. I'll try though.
Oh, why are my pix so small? You can't hardly see the hokey pokey in them, oh, sad face here:neutral:
You know VaporTrail, you are on incredible person, thank you SOOOOO much. I'll try all your advice.
I put it into the wrong Picasa thing to begin with using the collage square thinking that'd put both pictures in the same box, not.
I need to get it off my computer and put in more.

I just made a batch now using Maple syrup. Came out so good, am taking it to my 'x' beauty salon that I worked at for years in my last life. They should be thrilled to see me show up with yummies:LOL:
Update, the owner of the salon was there and so happy that I walked in, either cause she was happy to see me, but then why did she take that bowl out of my hand so quickly?:ROFLMAO: Her staff of hair/nail/masseuse people, many of which I know, came a runnin:-p. It was gone before I left:(

Last edited:
It looks like it would be delicious. Is it a kind of brittle kind of thing?
Not really, it's very light weight and tender, if you put a piece in your mouth, or 14,684 pieces like I have, if you don't chew, it just melts away and disintigrates. It's amazing stuff.

Anyone, why are these pix so small? How can I make them bigger so you can see the texture of the candy?

Quick (computer photo) tip:

When using a scanner to scan a photo such as the above, open the picture your scanner creates with a picture editing program (MSPaint will do it).

img_517967_0_8a51fa1dee2151985f37fce4635feec4.jpg

Use the Rectangular Marquee tool (the dashed rectangle) to select what you want to keep. Press CTRL+C (shortcut for "Copy what I have selected to memory")

img_517967_1_9f6607eb378db958b203c922557772d6.jpg

Under File, (at the top of Paint) Select New. When it asks if you want to save your changes, select No. Now under Image, select "Attributes". Set both numbers to 1 and hit OK. Press CTRL+V (Shortcut for "Paste down what I have in memory")

This will paste your selection onto paint, and should expand the borders of the picture (which you set to as small as they would go) to the proper size.

img_517967_2_17670cf7dd0b0eef6ee255c5ed6d6bc6.jpg

Now File>Save As. Choose where you want the file to be saved, choose a name, and select JPEG as the file type (if not already selected). This will save space over a BMP or Bitmap file. Hit Ok.

End Result:
img_517967_3_43de70fff0246f74dd84aa0afc071241.jpg

Upload the new file to your webspace and start using it in via links and tags.

It is possible to increase the size of the photo in Paint... but at the loss of detail, as evidenced below.

[URL]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e146/_VaporTrail_/PaintDemoBlow.jpg[/URL] (Linked only because it's big).

It can take a bit of fiddling, but I can go into that if someone wants me to.

Last edited:
Thanks for telling her how, VaporTrail. I don't have a scanner, so I made a stab at it. I wasn't too far off. I told her to make a picture file in documents, and store it there.

That hokey pokey sure looks good, LL.

Thanks for telling her how, VaporTrail. I don't have a scanner, so I made a stab at it. I wasn't too far off. I told her to make a picture file in documents, and store it there.

That hokey pokey sure looks good, LL.
I just made a batch this morning for the purpose of taking it to work for my supervisors. I used honey. I have many jars of it that I bought years ago. They're sealed and I've used several over the years in everything you can think of. The honey version is the lightest one yet. I didn't use any chocolate chips cause I just wanted to see if I liked the honey flavor before making a big batch so I did the 5T 2 T 1 t version. It may be my favorite one so now, I'll make a big batch to take to work on Thursday, I know they'll love it. Can not tell you how many times I've written this recipe down for complete strangers.:mellow:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom