ISO: TNT Pannetone Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
Tried a Google, but there are many variations. Anyone have a TNT recipe - one you and your family enjoy? Do you bake yours in a coffee can or in a mold? TIA

We use two and three pound coffee cans, #10 or 1 gallon cans from sauerkraut or OreIda dried potatoes, a glass mold & parchment paper and paper molds from cookswares.com. I like the cans best because they make it easier to keep the cake moist. A helpful ingredient is the fiori di Sicilia available form King Arthur. Hope you're a gluten for punishment; it's a days work in that it takes several risings, takes a lot of eggs and butter and good whole citron halves (which are far superior to that packaged S&W? stuff) that are not easy to come by. There's a place in Boston who had it a few months ago. Do a Google on Motta because I've seen recipes out there that are pretty good which claim to emulate Motta's panettone.
Auguri!

Last edited:
We use two and three pound coffee cans, #10 or 1 gallon cans from sauerkraut or OreIda dried potatoes, a glass mold & parchment paper and paper molds from cookswares.com. I like the cans best because they make it easier to keep the cake moist. A helpful ingredient is the fiori di Sicilia available form King Arthur. Hope you're a gluten for punishment; it's a days work in that it takes several risings, takes a lot of eggs and butter and good whole citron halves (which are far superior to that packaged S&W? stuff) that are not easy to come by. There's a place in Boston who had it a few months ago. Do a Google on Motta because I've seen recipes out there that are pretty good which claim to emulate Motta's panettone.
Auguri!

Thank you.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom