We're alive!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
If you all are following the news, you know that OK has experienced a really bad ice storm. We lost power at my place early Monday morning. We still haven't gotten it back on, and the way things are looking, probably won't for another week or so. I do have a generator coming on Friday, but I'm still offline for a bit.

Needless to say, I've had to get rather "creative" with my cooking, since the house is all-electric. I do have a large grill, and I borrowed a "cassette burner" (think small, portable, camp-type-stovetop with a butane cartridge) from work and am using that to cook with.

I'll get back with you all when I can.

AllenOK

AllenOK... awe man, I can't imagine what that would have to be like. I think the longest I have ever been without power is 2 or 3 hours. Glad to hear from you and hope that they get the power restored very soon! Stay warm buddy!

Oh, Allen, be safe and do the best to take care of yourself and your wonderful family. I wish I could send you fuel and help. At the foremost, do your best to stay warm. Visit when you can. We are thinking of you.

Glad you're OK.
I just overnighted some batteries, lantern, propane... to a friend of mine in Tulsa. The few stores that are able to be open are bare of these items. Bad situation over there right now. Hang in there.

Allen-I have never been through an ice storm,huge snow storms yes,I think ice is probably worse. I'm glad you have a generator coming. In the mean time stay safe and warm. Good luck

Glad you are safe, I can't imagine recovering from all that, but I suppose it would take longer to melt here.
I hate big snowstorms,(when I have to drive) but 2 feet of snow is nothing compared to 1 inch of ice.
Stay safe! Hope you can get that oven going soon!

Another week? YUCK!!!! Glad you're ok, tho. That ice storm is starting to hit the east coast now. I'm lucky so far, it doesn't hit our part that hard, but I feel so bad for the ones inland.

Hadn't heard about the weather in the US. Glad to hear you are OK Allen. Hope the power comes back on sooner than expected, or at least that the generator gets there double quick. As everyone else has said, stay safe and warm.

Back
Top Bottom