ISO GotGarlic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
Not knowing whether your hospital admission will be on Sunday ready for your surgery on Monday I wanted to send you all my good wishes for a successful outcome and rapid recovery and for a not too sore and very Happy Christmas.
img_521610_0_ee2460e4450ac378d95eb349dd15801c.jpg
Alex, you will know from your very recent experience what Got Garlic can expect.

:)

Hi, csalt. Thanks so much, it's nice to know you're thinking of me :) Generally, in the U.S. these days, we go into the hospital the day of the surgery, so I'm due there at 8 a.m. EST Monday. DH is bringing his laptop and the hospital has free WiFi, so when I'm able, I'll check in and let you all know how it went. Tomorrow I'm going to make turkey noodle soup from tonight's leftovers - learned that from a question someone posted a few months ago.

Just to say I hope all went well today with your surgery Got Garlic and I look forward to reading that you are recovering well and won't be too sore for Christmas. Make sure you obey all the rules! :)

I hope you're out of surgery and feeling no pain, Garlic. I echo csalt, make sure you take it easy. I think women have a hard time resting and letting others do for them but in the long run, you're taking care of your family by taking care of yourself. (Did you have a hard time making yourself take it easy, Alix?)

I hope you're out of surgery and feeling no pain, Garlic. I echo csalt, make sure you take it easy. I think women have a hard time resting and letting others do for them but in the long run, you're taking care of your family by taking care of yourself. (Did you have a hard time making yourself take it easy, Alix?)

Boy did I ever Fisher's Mom! I started to feel good so I started to do more. Most of the time it was OK, but sometimes...not so much. And my family got a nasty intestinal virus the week I was home recovering so I was running around wiping down every surface they touched so I wouldn't catch the bug. Can you imagine getting a tummy bug while trying to heal those incisions? Ow.

I got a PM from GotGarlic and she is all done and is at home now. I'm sure she would love to hear all your good wishes. I know it warmed my heart when I read the messages you all left me.

Amazed to hear you are home already Got Garlic and send you a warm get well hug. Hope all goes very well from now on. :)

Boy did I ever Fisher's Mom! I started to feel good so I started to do more. Most of the time it was OK, but sometimes...not so much. And my family got a nasty intestinal virus the week I was home recovering so I was running around wiping down every surface they touched so I wouldn't catch the bug. Can you imagine getting a tummy bug while trying to heal those incisions? Ow.

I got a PM from GotGarlic and she is all done and is at home now. I'm sure she would love to hear all your good wishes. I know it warmed my heart when I read the messages you all left me.
Oh gosh, a virus on top of recovery would be awful! But I think this is interesting about women having a hard time taking it easy or letting others take care of them. I've discussed this with my female friends a lot over the years. I'm embarrassed to admit that part of it (for me) is a control issue. When others are taking care of me or handling my "duties" for me, it worries me they won't do it properly or thoroughly. What's up with that??? It's not like I do everything perfectly. And maybe I feel guilty about resting while others are working. I don't understand that either because I love taking care of others - it gives me great pleasure. Anyway, I've been trying to learn to take care of myself a little better and to allow my family to take care of me when I need it, too.

Back
Top Bottom