New cookie idea - will this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gulab jamun

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I took a chocolate chip cookie recipe from allrecipes.com and modified it to make a smaller batch of cookies, but also added a few ingredients so it's more than just a chocolate chip cookie.

Before I attempt to make these and possibly waste resources, can you review the recipe and see if it *should* work?
  • ½ cup butter, softened
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • ½ cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • ½ cup chopped walnuts
  • ½ cup Reese's Pieces candies
  • 1 cup oats
  1. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla.
  2. Add baking powder to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, walnuts, candies, and oats.
  3. Chill the dough in refrigerator.
  4. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans. Bake for about 10 minutes in the 400-degree preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

:wacko:

Based on my oatmeal chip recipe from BH & G

½ cup butter, softened (mine calls for shortening)
½ cup white sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder (mine calls for 1/2 tsp. of soda INSTEAD)
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (mine calls for only one cup)
1 cup chocolate chips
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup Reese's Pieces candies (this is additional, but won't make much difference)
1 cup oats (quick cooking rolled)

So as you can see it's not that different, except for reducing the flour. Mine bakes at 375 10-12 minutes on greased cookie sheets. I think your recipe will work if you reduce the amount of flour, but you can probably tell that as soon as you mix up the dough. Let us know how they turn out!

Not sure about the oats, but short of that the recipe is just a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe. Out of curiosity, what would the rolled oats add?

body, texture and flavor It's pretty commonly used in more "hearty" after school snack type cookies

Back
Top Bottom