Dinner for tonite, Monday December 17th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerseyjay14

Senior Cook
Think im going to go with a french theme tonite... maybe some mini quiches, Ratatouille(girlfriend has been asking me to make it since she has seen the movie), and i have some pork i might braise with a cheese sauce or something...

I made spinach and ricotta canneloni with sliced olives and chunky tomatoes (not sauce). Topped it with sour cream that had garlic and parsley in before the grated cheddar and parmesan. Much drier than normal and I went really heavy on the spinach, but the sour cream added a different dimension to it. Drinking my second small glass of after dinner port as I type.

I made spinach and ricotta canneloni with sliced olives and chunky tomatoes (not sauce). Topped it with sour cream that had garlic and parsley in before the grated cheddar and parmesan. Much drier than normal and I went really heavy on the spinach, but the sour cream added a different dimension to it. Drinking my second small glass of after dinner port as I type.

mmmm.... sounds good!

Mmmmmmmmmm.. I have a pound of "mixed beans" soaking, and when I get home will put them in the soup pot with a sauteed mirepoix, a meaty ham hock and some water..... by the time my laundry is in the machines and I'm back upstairs, the house ought to be smelling pretty good. :)

I actually have a Condo Board meeting at 7 -- it's a short one, so by the time I get back from that, the soup should be ready to eat. It's cold and cr*ppy out, and I love soup, anyway! ;):)

Mmmmmmmmmm.. I have a pound of "mixed beans" soaking, and when I get home will put them in the soup pot with a sauteed mirepoix, a meaty ham hock and some water..... by the time my laundry is in the machines and I'm back upstairs, the house ought to be smelling pretty good. :)

I actually have a Condo Board meeting at 7 -- it's a short one, so by the time I get back from that, the soup should be ready to eat. It's cold and cr*ppy out, and I love soup, anyway! ;):)

yeah soup here in the northeast is a good idea right about now... im definetly going for a nice hot bowl of chilli or manhattan clam chowder for lunch!

Think im going to go with a french theme tonite... maybe some mini quiches, Ratatouille(girlfriend has been asking me to make it since she has seen the movie), and i have some pork i might braise with a cheese sauce or something...

A traditional ratatouille or a variant like the one in the movie?

Italian meat loaf (basic meatloaf with parmesan and diced roasted red peppers added), mashed potatoes with alfredo sauce on top instead of gravy, and crimini mushrooms sauteed with a little garlic and basil. No dessert, I made a batch of brownies yesterday and DH practically ate all of them, so he's had enough dessert for a while at least.

Thanks for this idea, June. I'm going to make a big pot of navy beans and a skillet of cornbread and a simple salad. It's cold (for Texas) here today so this will be perfect.

Shrimp Paulista. I'm serving it with a salad that I came up with last week. The boyfriend liked it so much he requested it again tonight. It's greens (tonight is spinach and rocket) with couscous, chopped red pepper, sliced artichokes, feta and tossed with a tomato based dressing.

Tonight will be Döner kebab with rice, topped with Iskender-style dressing.

bbq chicken pizza, and anti pasto salad...baked apples stuffed with cream cheese,nuts, brown sugar..
kadesma

Leftover pasta, some oven roasted potatoes with my sweet and sour eggplant and cheese, meatballs.

Shrimp Paulista. I'm serving it with a salad that I came up with last week. The boyfriend liked it so much he requested it again tonight. It's greens (tonight is spinach and rocket) with couscous, chopped red pepper, sliced artichokes, feta and tossed with a tomato based dressing.

Luv shrimp, abj. What's shrimp Paulista? Everything sounds delish. Can I come over? ;)

Back
Top Bottom