Appetizer Spread for my B-day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerseyjay14

Senior Cook
So I Just turned 29 last week and had some close friends over for some drinks and appetizers before we went out... a lot of stuff i haven't made before, but i was pretty pleased with how it all turned out...

img_522462_0_370735349343f8152550f2098890ad37.jpg

(Counter Clockwise: Crispy Cheese & Curry lentil balls, Herb Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes, Thai Salad in Cucumber Cups, Crab and Camembert Dip, Mini Flatbread Pizza, Roasted Duck Crostini.)

img_522462_1_b181aded851c3b7223e3112ebb542ed3.jpg

Also printed out a nice menu to add to the occasion:

img_522462_2_7d46a3c04bd4bce266acb1ca34cf61f8.jpg

Oh my gosh, Jersey, what a beautiful table!! The appetizers look fantastic and the printed menu is delightful. I'll bet you had very few leftovers!
And btw, Happy Birthday! 29 is a great birthday - so good I actually turned 29 several years in a row!:)

That looks so good, wish I had been there! Very nice looking. The menu is is nice touch, too. Belated Happy birthday to you and many more.

thanks everyone for the birthday wishes....

Fisher's mom - i think i may continue to turn 29 for the next several years as well :chef:

Happy 29th, JJ!

You really did a beautiful job with your appetizers, and the menu is a very classy touch. I love your choice of platters, too.The whole thing is very impressive!
The only thing I would suggest is the use of a little garnish. A few dollars worth of curly parsley, ruffled leaf lettuce or kale can really set off your table.
Cherry tomatoes, lemon or other citrus wedges, red grapes, olives, etc. wedged in here and there add a lot of color, and you'll be surprised at how much your guests will nibble on them.

Beautiful table, beautiful looking menu and beautiful looking appetizers. A very happy birthday.

I would however skip cooking on my birthday and allow others to spoil me a bit. That's the most indulgent time for me :) and I let my husband do chores and take me out if the weather is not terribly bad.

Last year my son made me breakfast. He made some strawberry fans and placed them in a plate and brought it to me. That was super sweet.

I hope you had a good time.

Happy 29th, JJ!

You really did a beautiful job with your appetizers, and the menu is a very classy touch. I love your choice of platters, too.The whole thing is very impressive!
The only thing I would suggest is the use of a little garnish. A few dollars worth of curly parsley, ruffled leaf lettuce or kale can really set off your table.
Cherry tomatoes, lemon or other citrus wedges, red grapes, olives, etc. wedged in here and there add a lot of color, and you'll be surprised at how much your guests will nibble on them.

thanks for the tips, ill definetly try and spice it up with some garnishes next time!

Wonderful job, Jay. The menu is something I like to do. Sometimes I roll them like a scroll and tie with a ribbon and set one a each guest's place.

Happy Birthday!

yeah i think the menu's are fun and add something to the diner, everyone got a kick out of it

Beautiful table, beautiful looking menu and beautiful looking appetizers. A very happy birthday.

I would however skip cooking on my birthday and allow others to spoil me a bit. That's the most indulgent time for me :) and I let my husband do chores and take me out if the weather is not terribly bad.

Last year my son made me breakfast. He made some strawberry fans and placed them in a plate and brought it to me. That was super sweet.

I hope you had a good time.

thanks!!!!

yeah its nice to be pampered, but for me cooking is more of a ME thing anyhow

Looks very appetising - lots of my sort of food little and varied!! Hey JJ, I'm turning 40 in a couple of weeks. Fancy jumping on a jet and making me dinner?? LOL ;-)

Back
Top Bottom