ISO TNT pie recipe...Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello everyone,

I have never made a pie before, and i'm thinking about making one for Christmas this year.. What are some of your favorite pies?

Have you looked through the Pie and Pastry forum? There are a lot of delicious, TNT recipes posted.

Are you looking for any particular type of pie? Fruit? Chocolate? Double crust, etc?

Hi there!

Here's one that I find to be not only easy, but beautiful in presentation.
It tastes like cheesecake with a cinnamon apple topping.
It's presentation really makes it appear so much more difficult than it is:

Apple Cream Pie

3 apples (I use granny smith, because they're tart & hold up very well when baked)
2 tablespoons FRESH lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 refrigerated pie crust (I use Pillsbury's pre-made rolled refrigerated pie dough)
2 packages cream cheese, softened (8oz. each)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Peel, core and slice the apples into thin, uniform slices. (I use the pampered chef's apple peeler/slicer/corer and it takes about 2 minutes to do all three apples)
Toss apples with lemon juice, the 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon. Let sit.

Roll out pastry and lay it into 9 inch pie plate. Flute or crimp edges till they look pretty. Set crust aside.

In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth.
Add eggs and vanilla. Beat till just mixed it. Pour into pie plate.
Arrange apples (overlapping) in a big circle around the edge of the pie, and finish with a smaller overlapping circle in the middle (make sure to cover all of the cream cheese layer so it doesn't bubble out).

Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Then, reduce temperature to 400 degrees and continue baking 25 - 35 minutes.

It is good at room temp, but it is very good after it's been chilled in the fridge.

oops... sorry bout that...

As i was saying... That DOES sound good jkath!! I think i might try to make that one! I'm not looking to make any pie in particular, just thought it'd be fun to make one for Christmas.

So the FRESH lemon juice.. would mean that i take an actual lemon and squeaze juice out right? Sorry if that's a stupid question..

Thanks so much for the recipe!

Hi there!

Here's one that I find to be not only easy, but beautiful in presentation.
It tastes like cheesecake with a cinnamon apple topping.
It's presentation really makes it appear so much more difficult than it is:

Apple Cream Pie

3 apples (I use granny smith, because they're tart & hold up very well when baked)
2 tablespoons FRESH lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 refrigerated pie crust (I use Pillsbury's pre-made rolled refrigerated pie dough)
2 packages cream cheese, softened (8oz. each)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Peel, core and slice the apples into thin, uniform slices. (I use the pampered chef's apple peeler/slicer/corer and it takes about 2 minutes to do all three apples) Toss apples with lemon juice, the 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon. Let sit.

Roll out pastry and lay it into 9 inch pie plate. Flute or crimp edges till they look pretty. Set crust aside.

In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat till just mixed it. Pour into pie plate.
Arrange apples (overlapping) in a big circle around the edge of the pie, and finish with a smaller overlapping circle in the middle (make sure to cover all of the cream cheese layer so it doesn't bubble out).

Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Then, reduce temperature to 400 degrees and continue baking 25 - 35 minutes.

It is good at room temp, but it is very good after it's been chilled in the fridge. [/quot

Jkath, I made this for Christmas and it's WONDERFUL!!!!

I'm going to have trouble NOT finishing it tonight. It's so good. Hard to pass up another piece.

Thanks,
T

Back
Top Bottom