Dinner Tuesday Dec 18th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
We're having sausage gravy over two vegetables. One will be baked, mashed butternut squash and the other will be some form of Yukon Gold potatoes, waldolf salad, and whole wheat dinner rolls

It got above freezing today and I just pried a frozen sleeping bag back from two celery plants, and I've got celery! I was really wanting to make a waldorf salad to tame out the sausage gravy. I'm making what could be the original recipe, only apples, celery and mayo. I make two batches of dinner rolls weekly that are mainly destined for DH's luncg box, but I will steal a few for dinner;)

Roasted Chilis and Tomatillo Chicken Enchiladas

This is my first try for this concoction, so it should be interesting.

My old chicken enchilada recipe called for 8 oz of cream cheese plus
a bunch more shredded cheese....
This one uses MUCH less cheese and more healthy stuff! :)

Yippee! No cooking here tonight. Buck and I are going out to dinner to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. Starting at 5 p.m. we'll begin the party!!!!

We've been together over 30 years, but didn't get married for quite a while.

Here I had my heart all set out for lentil or split pea soup.
This morning the man and I were snugglin and I asked him what he wanted for dinner as I mentioned my idea. He looked outside at the blustery rain and wind and said, "beef stew."
So, beef stew it is. With baked dumplings for the top, smathered in butter for him, not any for me.
Chocolate macaroon cake from last night that was divine!

Yippee! No cooking here tonight. Buck and I are going out to dinner to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. Starting at 5 p.m. we'll begin the party!!!!

We've been together over 30 years, but didn't get married for quite a while.

Well congratulation! What time zone are you guys in?
Aww heck. It's close enough to 5 for me to toast one to you :)

I've got two chuck eye steaks thawing for the grill and I'll have the usual green beans in EVOO, baked potato and maybe a salad. Oh, and of course garlic bread!

I finally managed to snag a supply of beautiful, fresh collard greens after looking for two weeks (our drought got most of them) so tonight it is collard greens, black-eye peas and good ol' country cornbread...heaven!

I started off making tuna quesadillas but changed my mind along the way. I left off the second tortilla and added some crumbled bacon. After taking it off the heat, I topped it with lettuce, tomato and Iskender-style dressing (left-over from yesterday's Döner kebab).

I fixed sweet and sour chicken with pepper and onions and served it over rice. For my portion I added some hot sauce to give it more of a kick. Kind of like a General Tso's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom