Dinner plans tonight, Dec 19, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Making dinner early today for tonight. Going to get my mother from her Assisted Living residence and bring her here. Cut and color her hair, then take her to church in Westlake Village, Ca. for what sounds like a lovely Christmas service evening of music as conducted by a very good friend of mine. Can't wait, she'll love it.

Since it's cold/blustery/rainy/storming I've decided on lentil soup with carrots/onions/celery/smoked turkey necks/seasoning/water/chicken broth and because DH asked for it, home made mac/cheese too. Gosh, do we like carbs or what? Cole slaw with dinner and more of that macaroon chocolate cake with caramel/chocolate sauce on top, heated nice and warm. Oh my gosh, I loved making the mistake again yesterday with the hokey pokey as it turned out more of this splendid sauce.

What'll be on your table?

I`m roasting a chicken and making an experimental bread stuffing with porchini mushrooms and the Must-Have roast potatoes and a Ton of gravy :)

Spagetti with meat sauce and venison sausage.
Last night the neighbor I made ribs for the other night brought over several bags of cased, hot sausage from the deer his brother shot earlier in the day. How's that for fresh!

DH is taking dd Christmas shopping this evening (she's already told me what she's getting me :)) so we'll have a quick dinner first. I have rotisserie chicken to use up and will make Parmesan ranch chicken paninis and serve those with some tomato soup.

Parmesan chicken, garlic/parmesan orzo, herb roasted onions, mixed italian greens salad with a lemon vinegrette and garlic/butter toastes.

I discovered the herb roasted onions from the barefoot contessa and I think they are amazing and addictive.

Younger son home from college requested steak so have them out thawing and will broil them (no gas for the grill right now!). Maybe make some cheesy rice and green beans.

lefse, have fun tonight.

sizz, have you posted the herb onions recipe? if not, then please? i love onions.

tonight, dw's going to a friend's company christmas party, so the boy and i will be cookin' up something. whatever they picked up at the store today.

Last edited:
lefse, have fun tonight.

sizz, have you posted the herb onions recipe? if not, then please? i love onions.

tonight, dw's going to a friend's company christmas party, so the boy and i will be cookin' up something. whatever they picked up at the store today.

Thanks Buckster, guaranteed to be a really nice time, can't wait.
But have to, gotta do mom hair and makeup first.
You have a good time to Bucky, that oughta be a ball.

You guys, I'm telling you my kitchen is on fire. Between the soup, mac/cheese, pralines/candy/hokey pokey, I'm kickin it up here.
Y'all oughta come over and help me for cryin out loud:LOL:

Thanks Buckster, guaranteed to be a really nice time, can't wait.
But have to, gotta do mom hair and makeup first.
You have a good time to Bucky, that oughta be a ball.

You guys, I'm telling you my kitchen is on fire. Between the soup, mac/cheese, pralines/candy/hokey pokey, I'm kickin it up here.
Y'all oughta come over and help me for cryin out loud:LOL:
LEFSE,
More than happy to help you out - set me a place at the table with plenty of napkins - Yum ! Have a beautiful evening with your Mom !

Last edited:
Last edited:
I am doing noodles and tomato basil pesto sauce.... with cheese on top of course.

Anybody got any ides on how to spice it up? Side dish or something (preferably cheap to make)

LEFSE,
More than happy to help you out - set me a place at the table with plenty of napkins - Yum ! Have a beautiful evening with your Mom !

thanks Barb L, you're so sweet to think of me. hair color on, next I cut her, then do her makeup, washing her clothes, then she takes a shower, oh no, wrong order, anyway, then we'll eat and get outta Dodge
you're invited anytime, just open the front door, it's always open, man it smells good in thisj place

We went out for mexican at lunch, so for dinner we had some good panko breaded chicken fingers with all kinds of spices.

DH is taking dd Christmas shopping this evening (she's already told me what she's getting me :)) so we'll have a quick dinner first. I have rotisserie chicken to use up and will make Parmesan ranch chicken paninis and serve those with some tomato soup.

My that sounds good!

No dinner here, we have a stomach bug making its way through the house, so just saltines and seltzer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom