ISO Cake recipes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
I am looking for some recipes for "TNT" homemade cake. I would like a nice heavy and dense cake, filled with either bananas, apples, carrot, nuts or raisins. I can't have chocolate, so I would like any other kind. Please share your favorite recipe with me and the rest of our DC family. Thanks.

I have a carrot cake I will find if interested. With pineapple and raisin.
Almond / Cream cheese frosting.
Sounds wierd but I guess that's me in a nutshell!

JoAnn, I have a wonderful recipe that is made with walnuts and has a caramel icing. Easy, too. Made in a 9- x 13-inch pan. Just yummy as heck. I've been making it for over 40 years and everyone loves it.

Katie E, I would love to try your cake, I have never had homemade caramel icing. Is it hard to make?

This is a cake that my mom used to make when I was a kid. It is still one of my favorites.

Banana Split Cake

½ cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 eggs
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, well-drained
4 medium bananas, sliced (about 3 cups)
2 cups whipped cream
½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
½ cup maraschino cherries, drained and cut in half

Combine melted butter and cracker crumbs. Pat in bottom of 13x9x2-inch pan. Beat eggs on high speed of electric mixer until light, about 4 minutes. Add powdered sugar, softened butter, and vanilla. Beat 5 minutes. Spread over crumbs. Chill for 30 minutes. Spread pineapple over chilled creamed mixture. Arrange bananas over pineapple. Cover with whipped cream. Sprinkle with nuts. Cover, refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with cherries. Makes 12 servings.

This is a cake that my mom used to make when I was a kid. It is still one of my favorites.

Banana Split Cake

½ cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 eggs
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, well-drained
4 medium bananas, sliced (about 3 cups)
2 cups whipped cream
½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
½ cup maraschino cherries, drained and cut in half

Combine melted butter and cracker crumbs. Pat in bottom of 13x9x2-inch pan. Beat eggs on high speed of electric mixer until light, about 4 minutes. Add powdered sugar, softened butter, and vanilla. Beat 5 minutes. Spread over crumbs. Chill for 30 minutes. Spread pineapple over chilled creamed mixture. Arrange bananas over pineapple. Cover with whipped cream. Sprinkle with nuts. Cover, refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with cherries. Makes 12 servings.

Your recipe sound delicious, thanks for posting it . JoAnn

This is my simple vanilla cake recipe. It's very rich and moist and can be topped with any frosting.

2 sticks butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups sifted all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup whole milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer/stand up mixer, add vanilla and eggs. Sift flour and other dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine 1/3 part of flour mixture in with the creamed butter mixture alternating with 1/3 part milk while mixing the batter. DO NOT OVERMIX. Pour into two 9" round prepared (greased) pans and bake for 25 minutes. Cool and frost with your favorite frosting.

This is my simple vanilla cake recipe. It's very rich and moist and can be topped with any frosting.

2 sticks butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups sifted all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup whole milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer/stand up mixer, add vanilla and eggs. Sift flour and other dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine 1/3 part of flour mixture in with the creamed butter mixture alternating with 1/3 part milk while mixing the batter. DO NOT OVERMIX. Pour into two 9" round prepared (greased) pans and bake for 25 minutes. Cool and frost with your favorite frosting.

Dina, thank you so much for sharing. JoAnn

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom