Homefries & Sausage Gravy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
Fry up a batch of home fries

img_532765_0_8fed8db531ef4bd007facc164547eb64.jpg

Some Sausage Gravy

img_532765_1_cee88c93a874d556c0f2bd09d5558bb7.jpg

And you have a great combination

img_532765_2_bd651edb715346e4c7a10fc2524c6dc9.jpg

Needs a thin layer of scrambled eggs underneath everything :pig:

I need to go back to the store and get some breakfast sausage now :)
What all do you add to yours, John? It looks well seasoned with something.

It must be the hot sausage that gives it the color? Mine usually cones out beige looking. I'll have to give your 50/50 mixture a try. Thanks.

for me two fried eggs on top. Not enough cholesterol otherwise.

Like I said, I prefer them underneath. Then it would remind me of one of those Bob Evan's skillet things..... I love those :)
Seems like they're different from the weekdays to the weekend, but I don't get their much anyway.... :(

Oooh - if you have it on hand, Hungarian Hot Paprika is fabulous to season home fried potatoes with (assuming you like them spicy).

When I'm doing my home fries with onions, like I typically do if I'm having them with dinner, I like to hit them with some chili powder while they're cooking. And definitely sour cream on top of them when they are done. Breakfast I pretty much cook them plain and just use catsup on them. I'm weird that way.

When I'm doing my home fries with onions, like I typically do if I'm having them with dinner, I like to hit them with some chili powder while they're cooking. And definitely sour cream on top of them when they are done. Breakfast I pretty much cook them plain and just use catsup on them. I'm weird that way.

I have actually done them both ways myself, and I know I am weird so there is no hope for you now Picanis!:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom