User CP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Usually, when you click on user CP, any posts you've contributed to, and have new responses since your last visit, are listed....

All day, it's listing posts that haven't had activity in days.. Any way to make that stop?

if you are no longer interested in the threads, you can unsubscribe - which I realise doesn't truly address your question but it might tidy it up a bit for you.

Mine is working fine. Only subscribed threads with recent activity are listed, but then I clicked on mark all posts read earlier today (under quick links), as said in Bilby's link.
The forum seems to be working better for me, even when switching computers it remembers what I've already read. A couple days ago it was bringing up a portal page that looked to be a couple days old on my one pc...... I would always have to refresh it.

VB - as you know by now I'm sure, it happened when Tech turned on the feature that will properly eliminate "read" posts. It won't keep doing that. Once you read a thread, or mark a forum read, that should be it and it shouldn't show up as not having been read again, like they were doing at times.

I like the new addition to reading the threads that shows this note:

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

It's quite convenient!

Usually, when you click on user CP, any posts you've contributed to, and have new responses since your last visit, are listed....

All day, it's listing posts that haven't had activity in days.. Any way to make that stop?

Mine is near the point of terminal breakdown. I never had so many links there EVER.

img_538286_0_8018b86ad9130d1e2e1c9e58d8844d60.jpg

Last edited:
VB's right, they just keep popping in there.....never happened before.

Once you start reading them - or marking the forums read - it won't happen like that again. They just got caught in a "net" when Tech turned on the switch to activate the tool.

Aaaaaagh...switch smitch. Hopefully they'll just go away.

LOL - unless you read them, or manually mark them read, they won't. If you scroll down to the very bottom of the Forums listing page you will see a link that says "Mark All Forums Read" - you can do that to start fresh. You can always go to Quick Links to see what was posted new today.

It took a little getting used to when they made the switch, and yea I had to go back thru a lot of it again, but I do like it better this way.
But then again I also had to get used to Mozilla Firefox when I switched off IE as well so its all kinda got a new feeling now for me!

I don't subscribe to any threads (my email is full enough without all those notifications), but almost all the forums are showing as unread, even if I go in and look at every one of them. It's driving me nuts because I keep thinking there are a zillion new posts!

:)Barbara

I don't subscribe to any threads (my email is full enough without all those notifications), but almost all the forums are showing as unread, even if I go in and look at every one of them. It's driving me nuts because I keep thinking there are a zillion new posts!

:)Barbara

Hey, how can it "drive" you nuts when you are already there?

.........paybacks............:mrgreen:..........you know what I'm talking about, right?

Back
Top Bottom