50 Things to Eat Before You Die

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess I have had over half of the list, probably more, but some of the things are a bit dopey eg "Sandwiches by me". Think I will happily ignore the whale items too... ;-)

The only things on that list that I haven't had are
Moreton Bay Bugs (have never been "down under")
Whale meat
whale blubber
Reindeer meat
Cream Tea ??? don't even know what that is!

of those that I have had, you can keep the haggis and the durian! :-p

All but seven an dif you consider elk to be the same as reindeer - they are very similar six.

Some I have never heard of - like the Moreton Bay bugs and that fish I forget the name of.

As far as whale goes, would be happy to try it but doubt I will ever be anywhere I can get the chance. Same with durian.

I am not impressed by the list, think there may be many far more intiguing and tasty dishes that might have been included. And I am not talking about still beating cobra hearts or marinated pollack guts.

Hey, maybe each of us should make his/her own "Bucket List" of things we WANT to eat before we die!

Topping my list would be Kobe beef and truffles (the fungus kind). Otherwise, I think my list would be much more pedestrian.

For example, I've been saying for 20 years that I want to try a burger from Fuddrucker's (which is close to my house). Haven't made it over there yet.

Lee

I'm not sure Chef June... I figure as long as I have bacon then there is no need to partake in the blubber... sounds gross putting it that way!!! LOL!

38 for me. I refuse to eat anything whale so that knocks of 2 of them. The smell stops me from eating durian. Not sure what cream tea is. No Alligator, but I've eaten rattlesnake, bear, moose, porcipine, analope, and sea cucumber.

Well, I hit 32 of the 50, not sure how many of the rest I want to eat. I want to try lobster but feel really awkward about trying it.

BTW cream tea is an English special. Devon and Cornish teas are the best. They consist of fresh scones served with a thick jam (preferably strawberry) and (ideally) clotted cream. You layer the cream & jam on the cut scone and enjoy. The big debate is cream or jam first.

Try here for more information
Cream Teas

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Recipes-Kwakuitl

How to cook a dead whale if you find one...........:chef:

Know that you cannot eat a whole whale by yourself.........:pig:

Copied and pasted if I ever see one floating in the lake!

And the "Know that you cannot eat a whole whale by yourself" reminds me of the recipe for cooking an elephant - never put rabbit in your elephant stew because no one likes hare in their food. :rolleyes:

kitchenelf said:
And the "Know that you cannot eat a whole whale by yourself" reminds me of the recipe for cooking an elephant - never put rabbit in your elephant stew because no one likes hare in their food. :rolleyes:

...........:ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom