Dropped bit of dough in flour bag. Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alex566

Assistant Cook
Today while making pizza dough i dropped a bit of dough in my bag of flour and there is no way i would be able to find it. I am wondering if i can still use the flour, and possibly bake that bit of dough some day into a cake or a batch of cookies. I think the piece of dough was the size of a pea or smaller. Thank you

A piece of dough the size of a pea will not sink down into the flour - just use a a small strainer (like a tea strainer) and work through the top 1/2-1 inch layer of the flour in the bag to remove it.

If you don't retrieve it now - just make sure you sift your flour every time you use flour from that bag in the future to remove it. That little pea bit of dough will become hard as a rock - and you don't want it in your bread, cookies, cakes, whatever ...

Don't worry, alex. It may take a little time, but all you have to do is to sift all the flour. If you don't have a sifter, just use a fine-mesh strainer. Sift the flour over a large bowl until you've sifted it all. The piece of dough should show up when you're done sifting. Toss the dough and return the flour to its original container. You'll be fine after that.

Thanks. i tried scooping it out but just pushed it down further. I was just worried about it soiling my flour or some ones stomach. But i think it would not hurt.

I forgot to say that i did not want to have to sift through my flour, it will make it too light.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom