Hand milk frother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you talking about the ones that froth heated milk for cappuccinos and such? I had one but didn't care for it much. Went to an electric one and was much happier. But if you are just talking about cold milk frothed up, then yea just shake it up LOL. Save a pop bottle and use that to froth it up. Pour the milk in the pop bottle, put the cap on and shake away...

Are you talking about the ones that froth heated milk for cappuccinos and such? I had one but didn't care for it much. Went to an electric one and was much happier. But if you are just talking about cold milk frothed up, then yea just shake it up LOL. Save a pop bottle and use that to froth it up. Pour the milk in the pop bottle, put the cap on and shake away...

Yes , that's the one. I didn't know there was an electric one. My battery operated one does okay, I get a good froth out of it.

I have a Krups Cafe Duomo, which comes with a frother that uses steam.

That is more like the one I have, using steam, but it is a stand alone. Still, if all she wants is froth and hers works for her, cool.
But, do you use rechargeable batteries in it? I would think the cost of the batteries would be a little prohibitive over time if you didn't.

Manual Black & Decker

I have a hand-held, manual, Black & Decker. I bought at Tuesday Morning about 10 years back for $2.99 :chef:. You pump back & forth and it froths milk nicely. I've never tried warm milk in it but don't see why that wouldn't work. I bet they're still available.

We also have frother attachments on our espresso machines, our automatic injects steam and froths, as well. I'd still rather use the manual, cleans up in the dishwasher.;)

That is more like the one I have, using steam, but it is a stand alone. Still, if all she wants is froth and hers works for her, cool.
yes that is all I want, frothing:)
But, do you use rechargeable batteries in it? I would think the cost of the batteries would be a little prohibitive over time if you didn't.
yes I do use rechargable batteries. :)

I have a hand-held, manual, Black & Decker. I bought at Tuesday Morning about 10 years back for $2.99 :chef:. You pump back & forth and it froths milk nicely. I've never tried warm milk in it but don't see why that wouldn't work. I bet they're still available.

We also have frother attachments on our espresso machines, our automatic injects steam and froths, as well. I'd still rather use the manual, cleans up in the dishwasher.;)

I have an expresso machine as well with steamer/frothing. I just want coffee with hot frothed milk. :)

Bodum do a couple of really good frothers but I don't think any of them heat the milk, you'd have to heat it on the stove or in the microwave first.

Back
Top Bottom