ISO Ideas for using Marsala

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any one have any ideas what to use marasala for other than chicken marsala. Perhaps a soup? Any help is much appreciated!:chef:

I've never done it but you could probably use it in place of sherry in some Asian-type marinades i.e., soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, spring onions, garlic, ginger, marsala versus sherry? Purely a guess on my part but I'd try it for sure!

I recently made an orzo with fontina and peas side dish with marsala wine. Delicious! I got the recipe from Food Network.

I've also used it to deglaze my pan and make a nice reduction to go on top of steaks.

We love mushrooms, saute your mushrooms in some butter, add a little fresh crushed garlic, and some marsala, when it's reduced a little add some heavy cream not a lot, just enough to make a nice sauce or you can leave out the cream either way these mushrooms are great, as is or over meat such as steak, pork,chicken, or over some linguine..When we plate the meat and sauce or pasta, top with some fresh chopped Italian pasley

kadesma

I use it in a lot of chicken and pork dishes. It seems to have an affinity to apples, onions, mushrooms, and cheese that I really like.

Back
Top Bottom