CA - San Francisco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay! Thats my home, so yes I will have loads of suggestions for you! I'll post here again later today with some favorites.

What neighborhood are you staying in? Will you have a car to get around??

I won't have a car. I will be walking every where. I don't know where I will be staying but will let you know. This is so exciting.

Def let me know where you're staying. March is also a gorgeous month in the city! I hope you will be doing some of the best sightseeing stuff.... walking across the GG bridge is a must, the ferry out to Alcatraz, top of the Marriott hotel for a cocktail in the sky bar, Coit Tower in North Beach, cable car from Union Square (hop out and walk down Lombard St) Fishermans wharf is a over priced tourist attraction, so it's not on my suggested list! (Although the fish down there is amazing)

I'm still writing the list of restaurants, bars, breakfast spots etc and I'll post it later for you!

You don't need a car in San Francisco. In fact, having a car is detremental because it's gonna cost you to park it everywhere you go. Just stand on any corner and some type of public transportation or other will come by every 15 minutes to take you where ever you want to go.

As for restaurants, I just happen to be going there for New Years from the 21st to the 25th of February and the restaurants that are on my "don't miss" list for this trip are Dottie's True Blue Cafe and Sears Fine Food for breakfast; Bistro Boudin, Zuni Cafe, and Fog City Diner for lunch; and Scoma's and Ana Mandara for dinner. I wanted to try Gary Danko because it was voted best restaurant in San Francisco several times, and it's within walking distance from my hotel, but they've got a 2 month waiting list. Maybe the concierge at my hotel can get me in if I beg real nice, but I am not counting on it.

If you don't mind going across the bridge to Berkeley, go to Chez Panisse. An incredible experience.

Elaine theitaliandish.blogspot.com

I went to fishman's wharf today and took a boat cruise. I went on the cable cars. I'm having a fun time so far.

If you get a chance, chek out the new Asian Art Musuem, too. I went last Sunday and had a great time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom