Cast Iron Loaf/bread pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookingshark

Assistant Cook
I really want a cast iron loaf pan and it isn't easy to find one. Have no idea why Lodge stopped making them. I have tried to bid on ebay but lost the last time.

Camp Chef makes a cast iron loaf pan that is reasonably priced and easy to get online but I am not at all familiar with this company. Does anyone know anything about the quality of their cast iron?

thanks

I don't own any Camp Chef iron. All I can tell you they are a Utah based company that imports their cast iron form China. If you can't pick up a Lodge on E-bay, then the Camp Chef loaf pan would probably work. The worst that can happen is that it breaks! My guess lodge stopped producing them due to lack of demand/sales...

Have Fun!

thanks for the info, Uncle Bob! Knowing that, I will patiently hold out for a Lodge, at least for awhile longer. I was able to get a Griswold muffin pan off ebay at a very good price and I was very pleased about that.

There is a Lodge outlet in Commerce, GA. I have been in there several times recently, and they had the loaf pans in stock. You may try contacting them and seeing if they will ship.

Cookingshark...

Camp Cookie is correct. I talked with a friend last night. It seems Lodge still makes the loaf pan for the retail outlets only. There are retail outlets in South Pittsburg Tenn, Sevielille Tenn, and Commerce Ga. If you can wait there will be something new and exciting in the near future on loaf pans from Lodge...sometime this year.

Fun!

Developments in the world of cast iron bread loaf pans? Stop the presses!

On a much more-relevant note, I seem to remember seeing a cast Iron bread pan at one of my local Big Lots a while back. Could have been my imagination though.

On cast iron go Vintage... the new stuff is mostly made in China and is always rough surfaced.... get yourself a Griswold or Wagner or any OLD pan from ebay and clean it up if you are not looking for collector quality you can pick one up cheap and it will last you forever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom