Who wants to create a recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Who likes to create recipes? I was thinking maybe some of you guys would like to join in and come up with our own creation by adding your part to the recipe. I'll start:

Begin by softening a small chopped onion and 2 minced cloves of garlic in 2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil with a pat of butter. (if you think more oil is required to accomodate your ingredients then please note).

I am so not creative it isn't funny. I will say, though, that that is kind of a common start to a lot of :) recipe. How about giving some of the ingredients or at least an idea of the category you are going for, i.e. entree, starter, etc?

lyndalou, the idea is to add your OWN ingredients, and the next person to take up the challenge has to figure out what would go with it (or not!). It's like those party games where one person starts a story ("It was a dark and stormy night..."), and the next person has to supply the next sentence, and so on.

Back to the recipe Sizz started:

Add some finely minced fresh shrimp and and a teaspoon of ginger. Set aside.

Lightly butter a 9x12-inch baking dish and preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F).

Using gloves, deseed and finely mince one habanero pepper.... :twisted:

Congrats.......we created a dish. Now what are we going to call it? I have to work this entire weekend so I won't have time to go shopping for the ingred. and cook it but will try it out next week. If anyone else tries it before me let me know what you think and if any adjustments need made. :D

buckytom said:
hey, sarah's checkin out my butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
uh am i? uhh,sorry,i'm looking the other way now,see!(stealing a glance at....) LOL.

THis really sounds good guys, be proud. The first recipe in the Discuss Cooking Cookbook, but you forgot the soy/ginger/garlic/hoison/mirin and roasted sesame seed dipping sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom