Lily Lily Queen of cats....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
We came home from Mexico
Monday night at 11:30 and I thought
that Lily looked funny climbing the stairs but didn't think too
much about it. Tuesday I noticed her eyes looked different. By Tuesday night we realized that the poor baby ( 13 years old) couldn't see a thing. Every time she walks she runs into a wall or piece of furniture. I just got home from the vet... Both of her retinas have detached. Doc took a lot of blood and will run tests. He thinks though that it's her thyroid or her kidneys. He said that while the thyroid is a treatable problem she'll never get her sight back. He said he'd explain the kidney problem after he knew for sure.

I've had that cat since she was 8 weeks old,
We're all so sad and worried.

I know she's just a cat but... she's given so much love to Paul, David and I.
She's part of our family and we love her more than we thought possible.

Please, give her an extra thought tonight.

Thank you.

Oh, Trish. Buck and I are aching for you. No, she's not JUST a cat, she's a valuable, loved member of your family. I don't know what we would do without our furry children. They give us so much unconditional love.

Give Lily a big hug and kiss for us. We'll be sure to put her in our prayers. Our pets deserve prayers just like people.

Oh Trish, I am so sorry. I agree with Katie--there is no such thing as just a cat. I am praying for Lily Lily Queen of Cats. I know she has always been such a treasured member of your family.

Barbara

Just a cat?? No, she is not just a cat, Trish, she is your family. I'm so sorry. My prayers are with The Queen too!!

Wow. That's terrible.
I didn't even know that could happen. I thought you were going to say she had a mild stroke (something I think my cat had).
I hope things work out for the best.

She's the QUEEN OF CATS!!!!

I hope she is not in pain. We know you will take good care of her!

Lee

awww poor cat. She is more than just a cat, she is member of your family. I know how you feel, I've had 11 cats over the years, down to 3 now, the others have passed on. I've always considered the cats my furbabies and when something happens to them , I get upset and worried too.
Please know you are among others who love their furbabies .
hugs,
Diane

Trish,
I'm so sorry Lily is unwell. Our little buddies love us unconditionally all they want is a place to sleep undisturbed,a little food some water and an occasional pat on the head..In return they pledge us their undying love,they are at our beck and call with a rub against our legs or sitting in our laps, have you ever cried and had your little buddie just snuggle against you or look into your face like my little Maggie use to? That is a best friend, a family member, not just a cat or a dog..I'll be praying for Lily and wishing her good luck...
Hugs Trish,
kades

Thank you everyone. Yes, Kadesma... she always knows when I'm upset and she always makes me feel better.

Oh, Trish. I so feel for you and Lily. I don't know what she looks like, but I bet she's beautiful.

Right now I have my Miss Rodeo on my lap. She suffers from asthma and we almost lost her a while back. There's nothing like holding your "baby" in your arms and hoping for the best.

Again, we'll keep her (and you) in our prayers.

We came home from Mexico
Monday night at 11:30 and I thought
that Lily looked funny climbing the stairs but didn't think too
much about it. Tuesday I noticed her eyes looked different. By Tuesday night we realized that the poor baby ( 13 years old) couldn't see a thing. Every time she walks she runs into a wall or piece of furniture. I just got home from the vet... Both of her retinas have detached. Doc took a lot of blood and will run tests. He thinks though that it's her thyroid or her kidneys. He said that while the thyroid is a treatable problem she'll never get her sight back. He said he'd explain the kidney problem after he knew for sure.

I've had that cat since she was 8 weeks old,
We're all so sad and worried.

I know she's just a cat but... she's given so much love to Paul, David and I.
She's part of our family and we love her more than we thought possible.

Please, give her an extra thought tonight.

Thank you.

am so sorry for u and your kitty. i know how much i love my grey, thomas. is it possible to make her comfortable? so i am wishing you all the best.
from one kitty lover to another.

babe

So sorry to hear about Lily's condition. I have heard of blind cats living happy long lives, so hopefully all is not as bad as first thought. I have had to put down two cats due to kidney failure BUT they both had quite a bit of time after diagnosis before it took them. In both instances, I opted not to medicate as my cats have usually disliked the process and I preferred not to stress them further, but some cats are really good at taking medications. If so they can live quite a bit longer. I really hope that you and Lily get some good news soon. Thinking of you.

Back
Top Bottom