Bird!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DawnT

Sous Chef
Okay, how many of you can top this?!?!? I was just on the phone with my cousin-in-law, when a bird flew past. Not that strange? What if I told you I was in my dining room, in NY, in the middle of winter, 10* outside so all the doors and windows are closed!:ohmy: I managed to get my kitty to let me lock the birdie in the bathroom, mad kitty:mad:. The dogs I put outside, happy doggies:-p. I checked the whole house, no broken windows. The only thing I can think of is the birdie came down the chimney pipe. The good thing is, the fire was not too hot as the sun is shining so I don't load the wood to often. So the only thing I can find to catch the bird is my vegie steamer:ROFLMAO:. Please don't tell DS:angel::sick:! It only took me 20 minutes to get the little thing(a nut hatch). Did I tell you my bathroom is only 6X7'!?!? I'm sterilizing the steamer now!! Dawn T :)

Dawn, my lips are sealed! We had a bird get down our chimney last spring! I was in the kitchen and kept hearing this chirping but couldn't find it. Finally tracked it down to the fire place. we have one of those big screens that sits on the hearth and totally encloses the opening so the little thing couldn't get out of the fireplace. We took a big sheet, snaked it between the scren and the brick and trapped the little guy between the screen and the sheet then carried the whole contraption outside. We must have looked a site carrying the sheet wrapped screen out the door! We got him out safe and sound but sheet was ripped on the metal screen and became dust rags.

I had a bird fly in the house too, thru the chimney, managed to capture it and put it outside. The cats never knew the bird was in the house :LOL:

I found a bird in our house a while back. Same scenario, no open doors
or windows... and no chimney either.

Very strange.

Darn thing found one of the few places in the house where the cats
couldn't reach it either.

I had to move 2 bookcases and about 24 boxes to reach it.

Back
Top Bottom