Prayers Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
My brother just called & told me that he had to take my mom to the hospital today with really sharp chest pains. She's had asthmatic bronchitis for the past couple of weeks . The doc did an EKG & some blood tests & doesn't think it's her heart but to be on the safe side he's calling in a cardiologist. It sucks being 2 hours away from my parents, my dad & brother both said not to come up there until they know more, but I can't stand just sitting here!

My brother just called & told me that he had to take my mom to the hospital today with really sharp chest pains. She's had asthmatic bronchitis for the past couple of weeks . The doc did an EKG & some blood tests & doesn't think it's her heart but to be on the safe side he's calling in a cardiologist. It sucks being 2 hours away from my parents, my dad & brother both said not to come up there until they know more, but I can't stand just sitting here!
Crewsk,
do what they said and wait for them to call. I know it's hard, in fact it makes you wild but you can't do anything that is for the doctor..If your mom needs you then go to her. I know you love her but just think how she would feel if you or one of the kids got hurt in trying to get to her..Just take your time...In the mean time, you have my good thoughts and as many prayers as you and mom need.

kadesmai

Thanks kadesma! I'm trying my hardest to hold it together until hubby gets home from work. I also know that if I showed up right now she'd be happy to see me, but she'd also chew me out for worrying.

I agree. Hold tight for now and try to do something that will help take your mind off things. Something as simple as baking cookies with your children might help.

Whatever you need, just call on us here at DC. You know we're always here.

I'm with ya girl!! Stay put and wait, I know it's hard. I had to do it when my mom was having surgery. My prayers are with you!!

Last edited:
I'll be praying for her, too.
She's probably been coughing something awful with the bronchitis, and she may have pleurisy. It's terribly painful...it hurts to even take a breath...but antibiotics take care of it.

Dear crewsk, I am lighting my Angel candle for your mom. I hope you get some good news about her real soon, I know how hard it is to wait. God Bless you both.

My prayers are with you and your family crewsk. Staying busy is the best thing you can do, and by the way...put the phone down. Carrying it around is not going to make your brother or dad call any faster!! ;>) Play with the kids instead, the exercise will help you and the kids! Love and peace, Dawn

:) Hang in there it sounds like intially they have not found anything they are just double checking. Just be glad she is in good hands and they want to get to the bottom of it and want to be sure it's nothing. Prayers sent.

All the best for you and your mother. I had to do a similar thing to my brother when our mother got sick a few years ago. He lives three hours away and had to get someone in to fill in for him before he could come up anyway. It was very stressful for him but he was able to get up here by the time she took a turn for the worse. She was out of hospital a couple of weeks later thankfully. I think he would recommend that you go visit her as soon as you were able to arrange things (but not in a panic, just when you can). It is for your peace of mind. Once you see her, you will relax.

Thanks everyone!! My dad called last night & said they were keeping her overnight so they could do some more tests today. I talked to her & she assured me that she was fine & told me not to worry. We were planning on going up Sunday but we've changed that & are going up tomorrow.

Constance, she went through a round of antibiotics & prednisone then a shot of cortisone for the bronchitis. My brother said she reminded him of someone in labor, she'd have a really sharp chest pain that would last for a while & then it would go away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom