Monday dinner plans, 3/10/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I'll be eating at the Great American Bagel Company. My favorite there is their tuna salad on the tomazzo bagel. It is scrumptious!

What are your plans?

Happy beginning of the week to you all;)

Somewhere along the line - I don't remember when, or more importantly, why - I bought a can of Campbell's Carbonara Sauce for pasta. It had been pushed to the back of the store cupboard so today, I was determined it was going to be used. Picked up a pack of veal tortellini today and had the sauce over it. Not to my taste, and I have leftovers (!), but at least it has been used and I have learnt my lesson very, very well!!!! ;-)

Hopefully I'll get around to cooking that pork loin that's in the fridge.

Been to busy to cook....

Have been busy baking peanut butter cookies, mini cakes with chocolate chips,banana cream pie...Now need to pop some baby backs in the oven, then will put on the grill later this afternoon...making some scalloped potatoes, salad and rolls...DH is getting some glazed carrots..me I'll just have the ribs and a bite or two of the potatoes and salad...
desserts are ready and waiting:LOL:

kades

I'm making beef stroganoff. Dh made it years ago from a powdered package, I thought I would try making it tonight (minus the powder though) :LOL:
If I have time I will make triple chocolate fudgey brownies from cook's illustrated for dessert. They made the brownies over 50 times to get the "perfect recipe" we will see how they are.

I am going to Kades, as her surprize dinner guest !- shhhhhh ;)

I will be grilling ground round patties w/swiss cheese, corn on the cob and salad.

I made pizza dough and made a pepperoni/salami for our border and a mushroom double cheese for me! DH is gluten and lactose intolerant and so I make him "tortizzas" (my name for them). I put corn tortillas in the oven until they are crisp and then add the sauce and toppings and soy cheese. I have had them and they are actually very good!

Dessert was going to be apple crisp but I wasn't up to the challenge. Going to try making some cookies tonight.

I made Bobby Flay's Grilled Chicken with Fresno Chile/Plum Sauce (used poblanos, couldn't find Fresnos) and Southwestern Potato Salad with steamed green beans. Good stuff :)

I was on my own tonight since Buck went to his usual dinner meeting. I rummaged around in the fridge and came up with a big bowl of homemade spaetzle from last night and some Canadian bacon. I heated everything up and put a little butter on the spaetzle. I wasn't particularly hungry so it filled the tummy just right.

I made a soup in my pressure cooker from last night's dinner. I broke the pork up, added some water, onions, carrots, celery, a bay leaf and barley to the already cooked (but cold) juice, pork and potatoes and pressure cooked it for 45 minutes. A couple pieces of toasted and buttered homemade bread with raw garlic rubbed on them.... mmmm
I can't wait to lunch tomorrow :)

Attachments

• pork soup.jpg
    pork soup.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 187
Cooked a big helping of shrimp and sausage pastalaya, went down well with a beer and slice of toasted italian bread.

Made a 15-bean soup with andouille in my pressure cooker. If my husband stays out of the fridge there is just enough left for a snack about mid-morning!

I want to know HOW the package said serves 14 and 4 of us polished it off, except for maybe 1 cup :ermm:

Boston Butt was on sale at the store so I fixed shredded bbq pork sandwiches. We of course had lots left so I froze the remaining for a quick meal later in the month. Along side the bbq I made skillet beans (aka baked beans) and took some help from the store and grabbed some coleslaw from the deli. The cole slaw was a complete shock. The sign said sweet & sour.......I think they forgot the sweet. That stuff was so sour it made you pucker....like one of those shock tart candies kids love. Needless to say our little one loved the stuff even though he was really reluctant to even give it a shot till he saw our face :)

I cooked up some turkey bratwurst sausage in my cast-iron pan & served them up with mashed potatoes (half-&-half & butter) & butter-sauteed cabbage (done just to the crisp/tender stage. Delicious!

Back
Top Bottom