Keeping cooked Salmon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
I cooked a slab of salmon last night, it came out pretty good but there's enough left for maybe 2 more servings. Wife dosent do well with eating the same thing 2 days in a row, what is the best way to keep this as fresh as possible till maybe monday to wednesday of next week?
I have a food saver, both bags and jars.

Make salmon cakes! Put together the mixture now and freeze, then thaw at any time, form into cakes, and fry.

Curried fish cakes (Bermuda style) is one of my very favorite brunch foods and one that I usually treat overnight guests to. I generally use a white fish for these, however.

I hope you froze them as fillets. You can always make salmon patties/cakes after thawing them out, if that's what you want. :) more flexibility.

actually my wife ate the left over salmon the next day, cause I attempted jerk chicken and burned the outside. Cooked it in the oven on too low of a temp for too long...350 for probably 1.5 hrs trying to get the internal temp up. she said the inside was flavored well but the outside was just to crispy

Back
Top Bottom