Clowns???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
Okay so the question with a question thread stirred this. Do you think clowns are creepy? Do they scare your kids? Do they scare you? Do you think they should be done away with?

My daughter has a friend that is just scared to death of clowns. Me, they freak me out to the point where even the Wife Swap ep with a family of clown freaked me out and I can't stay at Circus Circus in Las Vegas.

What do you think?

I know a lot of people who are afraid of clowns. One of my grown sons used to be very afraid of them and even now, he says they "creep him out". But he said it was because when he was little, I was reading the Steven King book "It" and it had a horrible clown on the cover with blood dripping from his teeth. What do you think made you afraid of them, Callisto?

Nope... they don't bother me. I can't stand scorpians though.. Scared to death of them.

No problems. Other people think dolls are creepy, but not me. Now if you had some doll with a crazed mania look on it's face, then that would scare me!

Clowns never bothered me much. I never saw It, but I did enjoy Killer Klowns from Outer Space which is pretty much what it sounds like and twice as cheesy.

The clowns in this short film are pretty freaky. Wisecracking robots, on the other hand, are always welcome.

Last edited:
For me it's the makeup that creeps me out-----I have had oily skin all my life and when I see that goop all over and that oily sheen I can just feel my skin breaking out---Noxema used to do that to me and then the contrast of their teeth against the makeup---ughhhh!! From a distance they're fun to watch when they are being funny just not up close and personal

When I was four there was a show which I think was "20000 leagues under the sea" but I'm not sure (US series in a submarine) and one episode had a clown doll that would come to life and I think kill people but it may have been less sinister than that. Turned me off clowns for my childhood. Can't say they have ever since appealled, nor do I find the funny but I am not afraid of them.

I didnt use to see what people found scary about them. Until a few years ago I had a nightmare including a very nasty clown. Ive been pretty scared of them since then. I would never ever like to see one in real life, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too fond of clowns after reading 'It' as a teenager. Never had a problem before then, but now it seems that they are all indeed out to get me, all eyeing me with that certain "I'm gonna eat you" gleam in their eye's.

While in the air force though, I met an airman that was a professional clown on the side, and unfortunately, he looked like he could eat someone even while off duty as a clown after finding out he did that on the side. Come to think of it, I knew something was "off" with him before he ever revealed his clown college degree :)

Oh well, clowns are freaky, but don't make me run and hide in fear ;)

Robert

nada, it has no effect on me. I find it fascinating that it`s such a Common dislike though, I wonder what the cause is?

nada, it has no effect on me. I find it fascinating that it`s such a Common dislike though, I wonder what the cause is?

I have no idea what causes it either YT.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 79
I was never scared of clowns, but I can sure see why people would be. They are very freaky looking.

When I was a young boy my uncle was a professional photographer. He took a really cool photo of a clown that I had hanging in my room. It was just a clown face, nothing else, against a black background. Whenever I had friends sleep over I would usually have to take that photo down as it scared most of them.

Now that is creepy bowlingshirt!
Just thinking where all hundred of them that climbed out and are..... wandering the countryside..... that wigs me out.
:LOL:

I hate clowns and dolls. And CLOWN DOLLS go way beyond my ability to cope.

My SIL gave my mother large Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls dressed as clowns. If I spend the night at my mom's those creepy things have to go into the closet. And then I set my suitcase against the door.

(Though the creepiest doll I ever saw was in a "First Ladies" series. Nancy Reagan as a doll--'nuff said.)

Come to think of it, I knew something was "off" with him before he ever revealed his clown college degree :)

[Cecil Terwilliger]I'll thank you not to refer to Princeton that way![/CT]

I hate clowns and dolls. And CLOWN DOLLS go way beyond my ability to cope.

Like from Poltergeist? I was deathly afraid of looking in my closet while laying in bed for some time after that movie!

One of my greenhouse customers was a retired clown who had worked in the Moscow Circus. I never saw him in costume, but he was a slight fellow with sandy hair and freckles...and such a gentleman. I can't imagine being afraid of someone like him.

Back
Top Bottom