Kitchen scents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leaf Storm

Senior Cook
I used fresh ginger in my curry today and I like the scent of it so much. wonderful!! What are your favorite kitchen scents?

Some of mine are: coffee, vanilla, ginger, garlic, bread and cookies, warm toast, butter, and chocolate.

it's hands-down.. my grandma's kitchen at Thanksgiving and my aunt's at Christmas!... would take too long to describe all the scents........I'll make it short. At my grandma's, it's the smell of the turkey in the oven, candied sweet potatoes, and even the green bean casserole smells luscious.

At my aunt's ... the aroma of a ham cooking fills the air and fresh baked bread... my mouth is watering.. **drool**

Anything cooking all day in a crockpot. Apple pie baking in the oven. But one of my favorite smells has to be the smell of a pork roast stuffed with garlic and sprinkled with rosemary. Coffee is also good, especially if the timer has been set the night before and it is the first smell that you smell when you wake up in the morning.

sounds good!

you are right that's another great scent. At christmas when the turkey is being roasted and everything is being prepared!

People always say my kitchen smells good - I guess it's all the spices/herbs. I LOVE the smell of curry, cumin, and fresh rosemary.

As far as cooking-type smells nothing beats the collective smells of Thanksgiving!!! They wrap around you like a nice cashmere blanket.

Not a huge fan of cumin, although I often use curry powder. Sometimes, cumin smells like an armpit. Am I the only one who thinks so?

Leaf Storm said:
vanilla, ginger, garlic, bread and cookies, warm toast, butter, and chocolate.

These are all great smells, especially the chocolate! I love most cooking smells, except a few chitterlings!

But it is worth it when it is time to grub!

Hmm lets see, I love the scent of ginger, vanilla, garlic, basically anything that is home cooked appeals to me. I also love the scent of candles such as pumpkin, apple, in the kitchen.

I can't add anything! Ya'll have named all my favorites plus some I didn't even think about! OK, well I did just think of one that hasen't been mentioned...fresh coffee brewing.

Psiguyy said:
Not a huge fan of cumin, although I often use curry powder. Sometimes, cumin smells like an armpit. Am I the only one who thinks so?
oh c'monnnnn :( ,i dont think i'll ever be able to eat cumin again...

sarah said:
Psiguyy said:
oh c'monnnnn :( ,i dont think i'll ever be able to eat cumin again...
some people just have a way with words, don't they?

yeahhh tell me about it.....but hey cumin is good,i used to like it a lot...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom