Dinner, Friday March 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so glad I am feeling up to cooking again! :chef:

Our border is gone for the weekend and I picked up some really nice cod fillets. I am not sure what I am going to do with them yet (no fish and chips, for sure), or what will go with them, but I am having fun trying to figure it out!

I don't know...
I have a job interview this afternoon and have to take lily to the vet this morning.
It's going to be a stressful kind of day. So, I think it'll be comfort food for sure.
I'll go to the store while I'm out. Pancakes sound good right now.

it's the boy and i again tonight. :)

i've gotta use up some ingredients, so i'm thinking of making a stir fry with cubes of beef tenderloin, shanghai bok choy, scallions, red onions, carrots, celery, water chestnuts and mung bean sprouts. it should be colorful, if not tasty.

i'm not sure what type of sauce to make with it. maybe soy sauce, ginger, garlic, a little chicken stock, and butter. thickened with corn starch.
any suggestions on the sauce from you wok experts out there?

if i don't have time for all of the prep, i'll leave the tenderloins as steaks and grill them, along with some sweet italian sausage and some red onions.

it's the boy and i again tonight. :)

i've gotta use up some ingredients, so i'm thinking of making a stir fry with cubes of beef tenderloin, shanghai bok choy, scallions, red onions, carrots, celery, water chestnuts and mung bean sprouts. it should be colorful, if not tasty.

i'm not sure what type of sauce to make with it. maybe soy sauce, ginger, garlic, a little chicken stock, and butter. thickened with corn starch.
any suggestions on the sauce from you wok experts out there?

That sounds really good. I'd leave out the butter and add 1 tbsp. each dry sherry and oyster sauce, then drizzle with toasted sesame oil.

I think we'll have grilled burgers, fries and salad tonight.

i don't have the oil, but i do have sesame seeds. no oyster sauce or sherry, either. thanks uncle bob and gg. :chef:

i do have jars of hoisin and lemongrass sauces, but i'm trying to make this from scratch.

i'll definitely add the seeds.

Last edited:
i don't have the oil, but i do have sesame seeds. no oyster sauce or sherry, either. thanks uncle bob and gg. :chef:

i do have jars of hoisin and lemongrass sauces, but i'm trying to make this from scratch.

i'll definitely add the seeds.

Hoisin is often an ingredient in sauces - you could add a tsp. or so of that.

I think it's you choose night here.
I have potsticker filling to use up or freeze, a roasted chicken drumstick and baked beans. (8 yr old will take the beans!)
For the little 2 I will make some sketti I suppose.

Easy does it tonight..not much sleep last night and the little ones just walked in the door..it's time to dye eggs:LOL: so since we will only eat fish today, tonight tuna sandwiches, and clam chowder, cantaloupe with vanilla ice cream for dessert or if I get them done apple crostata's, see ya

kadesma

Still early here. The discussion about garlic bread reminded me of one of my fave restaurants that has the bestest garlic cheese bread anywhere. (We used ta take out an order for lunch.) So it may be...

Home

The music skips, so disregard :ermm:

Here's a little history re their famous garlic bread, etc.

RestaurantHistory

Last edited:
pasta with a light tomato sauce and garlic bread. Lemon cake for dessert.

Nothing fancy, just a panini sandwich of roast beef, sliced cheddar, sweet onion on my home made crusty whole wheat bread. Hubby gets the left over chicken from yesterday. ;)

Alas, DH found out he has to eat at work afterall today so the Cod will have to wait until tomorrow - Instead I think I will just whip up some Fetticine Alfredo for myself with a bit of salad.

We had breakfast for supper.
5.gif
Hashbrowns, eggs, cottage cheese and buttered toast.

Back
Top Bottom