Anti Fatigue Mats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I'm looking for either mat or flooring for anti fatigue . I have googled and find so many options . I wanted to know if anyone here uses a mat in the kitchen. I can't even stand doing food prep for even 10 min, without ending up with back pain, because I have hard wood flooring . Hubby does not want to spend much, he thinks everything is "Madison Avenue Baloney " his actual word was not suitable for posting. :ermm:

Go to a carpet sellers and buy one of their scraps. They come in hundreds of colors and work as well as anything else. I have one in Mexico for the tile floor.

The flooring may not be your problem. It could be your stance. If you are preparing food in an area that has a lower cabinet with a door, open the lower door and put either your left or right foot on the threshold of the cabinet. Actually if you will be working for a long period of time, you should alternate your left and right foot. Raising your foot changes your center of gravity and takes some pressure off your back.

If you don't have a cabinet you can use in this manner, use a small footstool or a "riser" about 6 inches high.

You might want to try this before you spend any money on any mats or such.

How about a good pair of shoes like nurses and others who are on their feet all day use. Surely, hubby won't begrudge you a pair of work shoes. I tried those Dr somebodies jellin' pads for your shoes, DON'T bother

I have worked on some mats before and they do help but in a restaurant they have someone who takes them out back or somewhere and steam cleans or at least hoses them down each day.

Crocs are really ugly shoes but for standing on your feet for a while, they are wonderful! Plus they are relatively inexpensive and almost indestructable. It would be like an individual anti-fatigue device that follows you all over the kitchen!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom