Why are Holidays so special to you??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Growing up holidays always ended in somekind of family fight...

Now I have Paulie and his family and all is good.
It's always a joy to be around them. They love each other so much.

Holidays aren't that special for me, just fun for the kids and a good excuse to get the family together for some fun.

i love to cook for my loved ones. it is cool to see them all together.

then i do the bday meal for each one. then i can really visit with just one on one, maybe with a s.o. for good measure.

babe:):)

Growing up holidays always ended in somekind of family fight...

Same for me, Trish. As a child, I grew to dread holidays. Regardless of the holiday, they always turned into WWII. I vowed that would never happen in my house.

As a result, I have come to love any and all holidays and soooo enjoy decorating, preparing special foods. Nothing like a wonderful atmosphere, comforting/good food and the companionship/love of family and friends. There's no better medicine!

Last edited:
I have the best of both worlds. I still have a little guy to enjoy all the wonderful holiday activities with - coloring and hunting for eggs, sitting in Santa's lap, making valentines, going trick-or-treating, etc. But I also get to have the company of my grown children - sharing a cup of coffee, preparing a meal, catching up on the details of their lives. So for me, holidays are a blast!

They weren't like that when I was a kid. No fighting or anything, just not a house with much joy. Sometimes it makes me sad for my folks to have missed out on all this fun.

I love any holiday, but, it is really not about holidays..It's about being with those we love..Any holiday would be just another day without those I love...Every Sunday is a holiday for us..My parents worked hard and made sure our birthday or Christmas was just the very best for us..I try to give that back to my kids and friends.

kadesma

Its a great time, I treasure all people for who they are, You all are our Family, I wish I could meet you all. Love and Hugs and always have a Maidrite Day ! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom