Unwanted Telephone Marketing Calls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm on the do not call list. I can't remember the link or I'd put it up here for you so you can register to be on it. I'm sure someone will post it for you though.

But what a godsend!!!! It doesn't stop calls from campaigns or donation companies that you have contributed to in the past which is fine with us. If a company calls outside of whom you've dealt with in the past just tell them you are on the "Do Not Call List" and not to bother you again. Usually that's sufficient. If they continue then you can sue them.

I disconnected my land line, so no more phone calls!!! Could not see the point in having 2 cel phones and a regular phone.

Even our mortgage company calls with offers to consolidate, refinance, etc. Non-profits also do not have to heed the DNC list, which irks me. I'm already tired of political candidates calling and leaving me messages or looking for $$$.

I know where I want to donate what little I have to share, I don't need beggars, lol.

Ditto Sattie, two cell phones no land line!

Yea, and the worst part about it is that it took me a year to figure out that was all my land line was getting used for was surveys, telemarketers... glad I finally pulled my head out!!!

Surveys, political candidates, telemarketers, and collection calls for people I have never heard of!! I was ready to get rid of the land line two years ago, it took DW until three months ago to finally dump it!

That's too funny. Seems similar to the guy that would play around with Nigerian scammers---he actually got a few of them to come to the US and double-cross them by not showing up. These people were salivating at the chance to pick up thousands of $$$ and though they would have preferred this guy to have given bank info over the internet he finally got a few to actually come over here to collect.

Be careful when getting rid of your landline. If you need to dial 911, be sure you're able to give the dispatcher you exact address. In the best case scenario (the caller is outside with a clear line of sight to the tower) we can expect 50-70 feet of accuracy. Depending on where the call originates, I've seen location errors everywhere from 100 feet to half a mile.

Anyone getting upset over these...it seems everytime i sit down to a fine meal it happens:(

We don't answer the phone during meals. From the dining room, we can hear someone leaving a message, so if it's urgent, we can call them right back. But it's never urgent :)

My parents usually tell the sales person on the other end of the line that they will gladly take whatever it is being sold, that is if the sales person will pay for it. hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom