Monday, 3/24 dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
It's a new week. What's anyone gonna have on their table tonight?
My dinner will consist of restaurant food maybe or maybe a good ole Subway sandwich, all veggies, no cheese, plenty of vegetables.

Happy Monday and start of the week to all of you fine folks in foodieville!

Left over lamb roast, wilted Chinese greens and garlic parsley new potatoes, probably.

I'm going to Q a rack of baby backs.
I'm also going to cook up some Johnsonville brats on thesame grill.
Poor planning on my part, but one or both will get eaten tonight!

Some cabbage and bean soup I made last week, an open-faced sandwich with slice of rye bread from yesterday's dinner, ham from same and lettuce topping. gotta watch it. bathing suit season is just around the corner! ;)

Since we didn't have our Easter ham, we will be having it tonight with my special lactose and gluten free scalloped potatoes for DH and lots of veggies for me! Oh, as an appie I made some Thai Fish Cakes with the rest of the cod from the other night.

Sounds nummy! What time is dinner? :LOL:

About midnight your time
11.gif

Both my wife and my eldest son are doctors and both were on service last night.Easter dinner will be today and will consist of

Starters : smoked oysters, sardines in 4 different sauces, smoked clams, devilled eggs and Russian salad, hummus with an extra splash of toasted sesame oil

Entremets : a nice mixed salad with Feta. Vichysoisse.

Main course : boned, rolled loin of pork in a spicy crust, sitting on a bed of julienned carrots, parsnips, celery and celery-root.
Side : scalloped potatoes or polenta
Dessert : chocolate mousse cake or Budini
cheeses : Port Salut, Münster, Roquefort and Cambozola

I think we'll have a nice SAfrican Fleur du Cap Merlot, a Gewürtztraminer and a nice Zinfandel ( I am crazy about the new Italian variety thereof ) . Marsala with the dessert.

Yumm !:)

Last edited:
Wow! Andrew that sounds like a wonderful feast.
You have a very lucky family.

Paul and I will be having salad and steamed or roasted veggies.

Have some black beans waiting to be cooked. I guess we'll have black beans, rice, tortillas, marinated baked chicken and some salad.

Both my wife and my eldest son are doctors and both were on service last night.Easter dinner will be today and will consist of

Starters : smoked oysters, sardines in 4 different sauces, smoked clams, devilled eggs and Russian salad, hummus with an extra splash of toasted sesame oil

Entremets : a nice mixed salad with Feta. Vichysoisse.

Main course : boned, rolled loin of pork in a spicy crust, sitting on a bed of julienned carrots, parsnips, celery and celery-root.
Side : scalloped potatoes or polenta
Dessert : chocolate mousse cake or Budini
cheeses : Port Salut, Münster, Roquefort and Cambozola

I think we'll have a nice SAfrican Fleur du Cap Merlot, a Gewürtztraminer and a nice Zinfandel ( I am crazy about the new Italian variety thereof ) . Marsala with the dessert.

Yumm !:)

Welcome Andrew, to DC! By the sounds of your wonderful feast, I am sure going to enjoy seeing more of your posts! Do you stuff your pork loin or just roll it in the spices? I have various stuffings I use.

Have some black beans waiting to be cooked. I guess we'll have black beans, rice, tortillas, marinated baked chicken and some salad.

I have Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill cookbook and he has a recipe for Black Rice using the soaking water from black beans to cook the rice. Just thought I'd mention it in case you're interested in trying it.

I have Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill cookbook and he has a recipe for Black Rice using the soaking water from black beans to cook the rice. Just thought I'd mention it in case you're interested in trying it.

This does sound interesting..I thought the soaking liquid is not used in cooking. Can I get the recipe..
thanks

I'm either having fajitas or Spanish Rice. Probably fajitas because I just can't decide what to serve with the rice and I'm out of chicken (except what's reserved for the fajitas) and I don't want to go to the store.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom