Oh noez, I'm getting married! (countdown thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattmac

Senior Cook
T-10 and counting!

In 10 days (and 45 minutes...), I will be getting married! Woohoo! I'm more excited about the honeymoon, to be honest. The wedding will be great and fun and blah blah blah...but my fiancee and I can't wait to get away from work, school, and wedding planning. We haven't relaxed in a year and a half. :shock:

So I'm going to keep a running countdown here up until a week from today, when my fiancee and I travel down to the wedding location where I won't have access to a computer...and even if I did, I wouldn't be using one!

Feel free to talk about your wedding experience, advice, regrets, etc.

T-10 days, 44 minutes!

Congratulations, Matt!!! It's wonderful to hear a groom who is so enthusiastic about his upcoming wedding! Your bride must be a wonderful woman. I'd love to hear more details about the wedding plans and honeymoon destination!

Thank you! The wedding is in Providence Forge, VA, inside of a small and beautiful church. The reception is about half a mile down the road at a beautiful manor house. The music at the ceremony will be provided by a string duet (cello and violin). The honeymoon will be at the all-inclusive Sandals Resort at Nassau, Bahamas. We'll be there from April 7-April 12. I will be doing a bunch of scuba diving (got certified in September), snorkeling, and we plan on bringing "lazy bum" to a whole new level.

There will be about 50 people at the wedding, we were expecting 75-80. We want a small wedding, so we're happy with 50. :)

Congratulations!!!!!! Have fun scuba diving - I'm so jealous!

11.gif

Our experience was a bit different.

Due to school, work, and many commitments we had only one week to arrange our wedding that was to occur four months later, out of the the state we were living in at the time (back home).

The time limitation was the best thing that could have happened. We had no time to fret over details. We just made decisions. There were absolutely no arguments. Would rapidly discuss the options and came to a mutually acceptable decision.

Everything worked just fine.

After the wedding we left to relocate, spent two nights in a hotel, and then started getting ourselves settled with no cash in a place we had never been. Ergo, no honeymoon.

But it worked, at least it has for thirty years come May.

Mattmac have a great wedding, lovely honeymoon, and all best wishes.

I'll be sure to do that, SixSix! But don't be TOO jealous...keep in mind that over the course of the wedding planning, I have moved three times, worked full time, and just this semester I have completed 22 credits. I *NEEEED* THIS!

Congratulations! Enjoy the wedding and reception because it flies by so fast you hardly even knew it happened!

The honeymoon sounds fabulous, don't forget the sunscreen and have a great time!

Red - that's funny you mention that. Talking to a couple here at work, they told me to enjoy the wedding because it flies by so fast. Time flies when you're having fun...I just hope the honeymoon seems to last longer than the wedding!

I'm so happy for you! You have good reason to be excited. Married life is great! At least I think so. And they are right, it all does fly by pretty quickly. Just be smarter than I was and don't lend ANYONE your car keys (we asked DH's roommate to put gas in the car--bad idea).

Well, we certainly didn't have to stop and get gas. We just had to go to a car wash and scrape oreos and such off the car windows and unload the "Welcome, baby!" balloons. And we thought we were saving time...

Back
Top Bottom